Thread: Car Setup Help...

Car Setup Help...

this will be my first time racing a FWD on dirt, im used to RWD on dirt but is way different. can anyone shoot some tips as far as suspension/tires on the way to go... I going to be running a cavalier 4cyl FWD. I can litterlly lift the back end off the ground so i need a way to keep the back end under me...any help would be wonderfull...thanks
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Wink Cavalier Attitude..............

The set-up on a FWD car is almost directly opposite from a RWD racecar on dirt...................
    Your crossweight is LF and RR because of the front drive/steering................................
    Most of them push like a dump truck on a dry/slick track..............
    Since NEETS rules don't let you play around with springs/shocks too much, you gotta use tire sizes/air pressures to free it up..........................
    If you have a E-brake handle in the center of the front seats you can grind the teeth off the rachet assembly and use it loosen up the a$$ end without hitting the brake pedal....................
    You can get way more information by going to Sleepy Gomez's site: www.ovaltracktechforum.com and check his FWD Q and A section.............................
    Hope this helps a little.....................
    UNCLE PETEY......................

Thumbs up

Thanks R.P.
    no offence, but this aint going to get be DQ'ed is it...?
    but i know about weight dist. but dont think thats poss in NEETS as far as therule book. I noticed nothing in the rules about brakes...some tracks require all 4 working brakes...is there a rules here about that...?
    i thought of the ebrake about 10 mins after a cut the cable and broke the handle...and i dont feel like buying or installing a new one...but i might have to...
    Thanks alot...and congrates on you teams second place(1st, but whos counting??) at Raceway Park
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Thanks for the parking brake idea
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

pv18

Email me

I would be happy to help you out with basic direction for set up. Although I have very limited experience on dirt, I do have some ideas on how to make a FWD turn legally.

Pat Verwys - pv3277@yahoo.com

Thread Information