Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frost Bite News?

A gallery of the race from Robert Everhart has been posted here.
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

corey17
    More pics and my race recap can be found here http://www.race22.com. I'll put up my personal photos here later this evening

SIModified
    Just to clarify for Brian.....

When Silk got into the 15, the 15 spun and collected the last car on the lead lap, which was the 42 of Tony Hanbury. George Brunnhoelzl, III had no where to go and was stuck under the rear of the 42.

Tony was racing to stay on the lead lap was was going to move over for Silk after he cleared Krentz. Krentz was at least FOUR LAPS DOWN. Silk got into Krentz and Tony had no choice but to stop to not hit the 15.

Unfortunately, we lost a lap (which I STILL feel was wrong) because of the incident.

That's what I was furious about after the race.

Congratulations to Matt Hirschman. From what I could tell, the race for the lead between Matt and Ronnie was exciting. Just wished our day (I was spotting for Hanbury) would have turned out better.

This was my first visit to Rougemont after reading about it all these years. Definately a nice little race track!

Ummm... Ok.. No comment.

Tinkfan
    I really enjoyed my day at OCS on Saturday. I thought the race was pretty good. Lots of battles throughout the field. I think Ronnie Silk may have pushed the issue with the 15 car a little bit but I also think the 15 should have gave a little more considering how many laps he was down.

I know folks are excited about a North/South combo show at Martinsville or Bristol....but OCS would make a great venue for that also. I look foward to the future and the modifieds return to Rougemont.

moddog
    Thanks Tinkfan! We are scheduled for July 11 with the ASA Southeast Asphalt Late Models. Should be a great show.

pushed what issue? what was he supposed to do stop?

I don't blame the 15 car... He was low. He couldn't go high. Silk went into a road block and had no where to go. I hate Brunnhoelzl was involved. That would have been a good battle. I guess that passing flag gets ignored sometimes...

corey17
    Quote Originally Posted by moddog View Post
    Thanks Tinkfan! We are scheduled for July 11 with the ASA Southeast Asphalt Late Models. Should be a great show.
    I wouldn't miss this race for anything, it's gonna be awesome.

ChrisH
    That was some of the best pizza I've ever had.

How anyone could blame silky is crazy for the deal with the #15 car, he's the leader of the race and the passing flag was used very little, like somebody else said what is he supposed to do stop..... give me a break. I hate the #28 got caught up in that deal he had a good hot-rod, the officiating was terrible, from the pit road flag man to the #42 car just name a couple. I hate that the car count was so low for Charles he made an increditable speech to the drivers that did support him, what a class act he is.

Joe... Hows that seat working out bud, ttyl

btw Silky is the new "king" lol

No question in my mind: Silk could have been more patient. He punted the 15 as soon as he got to him. He had a good enough car to use more patience. Regardless, it did not change the outcome of the race.

The crowd was terrible. I go to OCS a couple times each year, and weekly shows draw bigger crowds IMO. I hope this race has a "2nd annual" but I would not bet on it.

Advertising was mentioned: they can't possibly advertise enough or pick the right radio stations to cover everyone. I think if the entry list is stronger, more fans will show up, but that was not the case this year.

What was the deal with the 21 car? I read a big press release and the car looked great, but to run that slow and only run a couple laps seemed strange to me. Regardless, I'll be there and they will have more cars than OCS drew.

Caraway will have a much better crowd than this race had, but the weather will be a factor there. They always draw a big crowd for the mods, and without much advertising that I see.

Tinkfan
    I was not blaming Ronnie for the wreck. I do agree with NC Mudcat about the patience deal. I do think GB III would have factored in to the winner equation if not for being caught up in the mess.

I enjoyed the day and have already marked my calendar for the return of the modifieds to OCS on July 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Mudcat View Post
    No question in my mind: Silk could have been more patient. He punted the 15 as soon as he got to him. He had a good enough car to use more patience. Regardless, it did not change the outcome of the race.

The crowd was terrible. I go to OCS a couple times each year, and weekly shows draw bigger crowds IMO. I hope this race has a "2nd annual" but I would not bet on it.

Advertising was mentioned: they can't possibly advertise enough or pick the right radio stations to cover everyone. I think if the entry list is stronger, more fans will show up, but that was not the case this year.

What was the deal with the 21 car? I read a big press release and the car looked great, but to run that slow and only run a couple laps seemed strange to me. Regardless, I'll be there and they will have more cars than OCS drew.

Caraway will have a much better crowd than this race had, but the weather will be a factor there. They always draw a big crowd for the mods, and without much advertising that I see.
    That was the frist time the (#21) has ever been on a oval track. He has been running VIR. So he was just trying to get the hang of it and to help out Randy Myers to get a better car count !

Thread Information