Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ace/Caraway weather

Ace/Caraway weather

I hate to bring this up but I was planning to make the trip down from CT for the doubleheader. After watching the Weather Channel and looking at accuweather.com I am having second thoughts. Are any of the local forecasts more optimistic?

TJ1976
    As gloomy as the forcast looks, Im hoping for some kind of break

Thanks

Thank you for the information. As I said I hate to bring that up but I am trying to save a ten hour ride. I can stay home and watch it rain. Hope they are wrong.

corey17
    I taked with the new President/GM of ACE last night, a decision will be made by this afternoon on the weekends activities.

Friday -- Ace Speedway -- 30% Chance of Rain
    Saturday -- Caraway -- 60% Chance of Rain

TJ1976
    So far this is the weather forecast

Ace
    Fri - 30% chance of PM showers

Caraway
    Sat -60% chance of thunderstorms

I Haven't seen anything yet on Ace or Caraway's website yet. Im sure we'll all know something by tomorrow

corey17
    We've got the ACE Speedway President on our radio show tonight, i'll find something out. And the % is wrong you had, it's all over the place really, it's 30% during the day, jumps up to 90% at racetime, then back down to 40% by 11pm.

Ace race for Friday is postponed.

Camper Lady
    Ace Speedway should think about making the make up date April 10th, make it another double header Ace-Caraway

TJ1976
    Good thing I didnt use a personal day at work. Im gonna play it by ear tomorrow on Caraway. For now Theyre calling for a 60% chance of afternoon thunderstorms

A double header weekend for Ace and Caraway is a must....dont know if they would do it on April 10th since that day is Good Friday. I guess we'll have to wait and see

Just heard that the Caraway race for Saturday is postponed.

It is posted on Caraway's web site now.

NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Series News
    NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Lightnin' Fast 150 Rescheduled
    Mar 31, 2009 - updated Mar 31st, 2009 12:19am
    Web posted by Tim Southers

Daytona Beach, Fla. -- (March 30, 2009) – NASCAR announced Monday afternoon that the Lightnin' Fast 150 NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race postponed due to rain on March 27 at Ace Speedway in Altamahaw, N.C., has been rescheduled.

The Lightnin' Fast 150 will now be held on Friday, April 10 at 8 p.m. The race will be the first of back-to-back events for the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour over Easter weekend.

The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour will also race at Caraway Speedway on Saturday, April 11 in the previously scheduled Caraway Speedway 150. For more information please visit www.nascarhometracks.com and www.acespeedway.com.

Thanks for posting that. I put it on the front page yesterday but down under the postponed story link and forgot to add the info here....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Thread Information