Thread: Headers

LEAD LAP

Headers

Speedway Engineering makes suspension components and parts for quick- change rear ends. They don't make headers.

Where are you getting part number 930-0100 from?

The part number is right out of the catalog. Walter Bonczyk had the page there for those who attended the meetings. They can be ordered online at www.SpeedwayMotors.com, or by calling 1-800-979-0122.

(My oversight for not including that in the "Notes" on the front page of the Jam...I will go back and make that addition this evening.)

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/SPEEDW...LAIN,3815.html
    ONLY the plain ones, part number 930-0100 ($59.99 per pair), are permitted.
    Tracy Chirico
    LongIslandJam.com Editor-at-Large

www.longislandjam.com
    tchirico@longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Bethel Motor Speedway Business Operations Manager
    www.bethelmotorspeedway.com
    tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com

Driver, #83 4/6 cylinder enduro truck

LEAD LAP
    And while I'm on here, can anyone explain the "logic" behind allowing the change to headers, but keeping the pipe and muffler size at 2 inch?

Any performance gain you achieve with the headers will just get choked out by reducing down to a 2 inch pipe. If you had a good set of manifolds, you would be better off keeping them.

As usual, it doesn't make any sense.

As it was explained at the meeting, the idea was not to create any type of performance advantage. The basic logic is this...the configuration of the Johnson chassis (which is legal for use) does not allow for use of the log-type manifolds. These particular headers will work in that case (and, as you stated, it isn't going to give anyone a significant advantage). Since they are going to be allowed for use on the Johnson chassis, the decision was made to allow anyone in the division to run them. It is not mandated.
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

LEAD LAP
    Tracy,

It does say "speedway engineering", therefore, the confusion about the manufacturer.

Thanks for the answer regarding the aftermarket chassis. Hopefully, somewhere down the road, they reconsider their rule on the size of the exhaust pipe and mufflers.

I do apologize for the confusion. I will get that fixed on the front page tonight. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. And I'm glad I could clear the reasoning up for you.

I don't see any change in the size of the pipe in the forseeable future, because if a larger pipe or muffler were allowed, then everyone in the division would be forced to change equipment in order to gain the same advantage. And that would cost money. With today's economy being what it is, I don't think any type of sweeping change like that would be an advantage in terms of car (or truck) counts.
    Tracy Chirico

www.longislandjam.com

RacerHub Network

From what i see on these headers they dont fit with the motor mounts being in the way so i would be careful before you buy them.I would wait before you buy them.Im contacting the head tech to let them know my findings.
    Chris Turbush

Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer View Post
    From what i see on these headers they dont fit with the motor mounts being in the way so i would be careful before you buy them.I would wait before you buy them.Im contacting the head tech to let them know my findings.
    move the motor mount points to the 4 holes by the bottom of the timing cover 2 on each side on the front of the block

Yea good idea but thats more work these headers were suppose to make life easier.:-(
    Chris Turbush

scunk
    The Headers Will Require Cutting Of The Cross Member Much Like The Charger Cars Did When They Ran The Center Dump Corvette Manifolds. So Much For Easy

I heard dennis is looking for an alternate that is cost effective.Hopefully he comes up with one soon.
    Chris Turbush

gp2266
    Not only would you have to notch the cross member you also would have to cut half the sump off the right side of the oil panI dont think a header exist that will fit a metric chassis and be able to have the ground clearence of the four inch ride height,other then a set of flowrites.Either way lets hope a decision is made soon.

YEs that was the main prob with those headers they run so tight to the motor that they run right through the oil pan so unless we grind off the headers from the plate and re weld them then i guess they are no good.But i heard boots might try and do that lol.
    Chris Turbush

put them on upside down and cut a hole in the hood

LEAD LAP
    I'm sure that the folks at Research and Development considered all of this before approving these headers for use.

Thread Information