Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Attention all drivers racing at Wall Stadium.

I think I found it...

As I recall talking to one of the state troopers about safety and cars...he mentioned some of the details that took place at Raceway Park's Road Course enduro... The Outlaw class of Steet Stocks raced against 8 cylinders AND 4 cylinders AND trucks. He/They...nobody in NJ...wants to see a bone-stock car racing against race cars. For two reasons really...one, it is just not fair to the guys who keep their cars stock to have to race against a full-blown race car...and two, safety! A race car is going to be padded, roll barred, braced and FAST. A stock car will still be padded and roll barred, but won't be running around the track at triple digit speeds or anything close to it..so, when a slow moving stocker gets sliced by a race car, someone is going to get hurt.

IF the Wall FS driver want to race, that will be fine, the cars are very close to what is NEETS legal...the only request from Wall Stadium is that IF they run with us, they can be allowed to run the Holley 350 that is seasled to their motor. If they change out the 350 they MUST run at Wall, they will have to re-install it and re-seal the motor before they race on a Saturday night program...

I may not be the most well-versed person to try to explain this, but let me try anyways... The 350 will be in fact placing the FS cars at a disadvantage compared to a NEETS car which can be getting more cfms from the stock carb it came with (remember stock means it "came from the factory" not "came to me" like that...).

The Wall enduro on the 30th will be ran/tech'd/scored/flagged and whatever just as a regular NEETS enduro. The only different thing here is added safety rules as per NJ STATE LAW. If you want to race in NJ, you gotta play by their rules first....

I spoke with a Wall Official and he specifically said to me, "Joe, you are running this show, we are not...we will not be inspecting the cars or doing anything else that your guys will be doing. This is your show and we are just trying to help preserve the aspect of your show at Wall." - It will be a NEETS race! It will be NJ safe.

As Rick stated above, the most you will have to do to get on the track is pass safety inspection! $250 worth of safety gear is well worth YOUR OWN SAFETY plus the chance to run any and all NJ racing events! I know money is tight now for everyone, $250 s a lot of money, but don't let the EFFORT you will have to put into your car be the deterent...

The rules should be finalized and approved mid-week...hopefully...then you can all look and see exactly what you wil need OR ALREADY HAVE!

I do hope to see you all there!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Also, I forgot to note...

IF you are worried about racing against someone with a faster car thinking that it may be illegal.....remember...there is always TECH!

NEETS RULES TRUMP ALL OTHER RULES ONCE IN TECH!!!

???

Whats the difference between Wall and Neets cars?? The only thing I can see is the Holley 350 carb, and that should be a disadvantige for them! the safety rules are a Jersey thing and we all know how that goes!! And from what I understand "safty is the only part of tech Wall is doing". You run there Petey, you should know that there is alot of inovative people at Wall and Neets combined. The more Neets drivers that show up to race the less chance that a Wall regular will win!!!!!!! I know it a big expense but if this goes off without a hitch Joe will get more races at Wall so you wont be spending alot for just a couple of races. ( maybe even make it back in your payout)

Cool Whatever Floats the NEETS Boat.............

I'm truely not worried about whos faster than who, I just wanna race and let the chips fall where they may.....................
    I like the guys I race with at Wall, and love all my NEETS brothers and sisters its not a "us against them thing".................
    The N.J. safety regulations "is what it is", I don't mind making my car safer.................
    I just don't wanna see Joe give up the farm(alter NEETS rules) just to race at Wall...........................
    Since we are a traveling series maybe some safety concessions can be made to help boost the car counts........................
    As long as, I only have to conform to NJ safety rules on my NEETS LEGAL car............I"LL BE THERE........................
    UNCLE PETEY.................

You said it Petey! Jersey safe, NEETS legal!

Now let's just try to keep the hood pinned shut, the sterring wheel bolted in place and the black flag on Matt's belt!!!!!

Car Counts

Anyone have any idea what the car counts will be for the event on the 30th?? It seems that based on some of the posts in the beginning of this thread, many guys aren't going to spend the time or money to become legal for the State Police, so they aren't going to show up....

Looking at the pre-registration page now a week away, the list both for the small cars and big cars is quite light....

Anyone have a good quess on the final car counts for each division???

6 small 1 truck and 8 big. Might as well run them all together
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyN8-128 View Post
    6 small 1 truck and 8 big. Might as well run them all together
    Yea, I saw those numbers on the event page.... does anyone know how many other cars show up that DON'T pre-register, just come the day of the event and register at the track??

They had a low car count for the small cars at Raceway Park in January and ran everyone together.... wasn't really fair to the 4 cyl. to have to race with the 8 cyls....

I don't doubt it was unfair, I know I wouldn't want to run with them. But with really low car counts like that...yikes.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Small and Big cars will run separate features.....NJ will not let them race together again.

I am assuming the low counts are based on the fact that most people would rather SEE it before DOING it....problem is and this is redundant...more people spend time watching for too long and it kills the chance of the series/division/event from growing. When you have 50 drivers attending the event and 35 are in the stands.....no one will ever get ahead.

I am assuming a LOT of NJ regulars will be showing up day-of without pre-registering.....IF you do not plan on running the event, you can still support the series and show up to support/help NEETS and root for your favorite driver!

Thread Information