As I recall talking to one of the state troopers about safety and cars...he mentioned some of the details that took place at Raceway Park's Road Course enduro... The Outlaw class of Steet Stocks raced against 8 cylinders AND 4 cylinders AND trucks. He/They...nobody in NJ...wants to see a bone-stock car racing against race cars. For two reasons really...one, it is just not fair to the guys who keep their cars stock to have to race against a full-blown race car...and two, safety! A race car is going to be padded, roll barred, braced and FAST. A stock car will still be padded and roll barred, but won't be running around the track at triple digit speeds or anything close to it..so, when a slow moving stocker gets sliced by a race car, someone is going to get hurt.

IF the Wall FS driver want to race, that will be fine, the cars are very close to what is NEETS legal...the only request from Wall Stadium is that IF they run with us, they can be allowed to run the Holley 350 that is seasled to their motor. If they change out the 350 they MUST run at Wall, they will have to re-install it and re-seal the motor before they race on a Saturday night program...

I may not be the most well-versed person to try to explain this, but let me try anyways... The 350 will be in fact placing the FS cars at a disadvantage compared to a NEETS car which can be getting more cfms from the stock carb it came with (remember stock means it "came from the factory" not "came to me" like that...).

The Wall enduro on the 30th will be ran/tech'd/scored/flagged and whatever just as a regular NEETS enduro. The only different thing here is added safety rules as per NJ STATE LAW. If you want to race in NJ, you gotta play by their rules first....

I spoke with a Wall Official and he specifically said to me, "Joe, you are running this show, we are not...we will not be inspecting the cars or doing anything else that your guys will be doing. This is your show and we are just trying to help preserve the aspect of your show at Wall." - It will be a NEETS race! It will be NJ safe.

As Rick stated above, the most you will have to do to get on the track is pass safety inspection! $250 worth of safety gear is well worth YOUR OWN SAFETY plus the chance to run any and all NJ racing events! I know money is tight now for everyone, $250 s a lot of money, but don't let the EFFORT you will have to put into your car be the deterent...

The rules should be finalized and approved mid-week...hopefully...then you can all look and see exactly what you wil need OR ALREADY HAVE!

I do hope to see you all there!