Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention all drivers racing at Wall Stadium.

sorry but i have to agree with above posters
    im staying on the dirt in PA
    i thought about going to wall but budget is tight

Quote Originally Posted by DEMotorsports View Post
    ..... and I was also told the fuel line can not run through the drivers compartment....
    Duane
    Nothing for nothing, New Jersey or not, fuel lines exposed in the drivers compartment isn't a good idea PERIOD!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    Nothing for nothing, New Jersey or not, fuel lines exposed in the drivers compartment isn't a good idea PERIOD!!!
    Is there something dangerous about that?

I've spent too much time in demo derby arenas...fuel lines are the least of my worries in enduro races
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Street stocks are in the inside? They go much faster and crash much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    Street stocks are in the inside? They go much faster and crash much harder.
    Don't street stocks have sheet metal covering them?
    Sorry, I wouldn't want to get hit and gas line break inside of the car....
    Guess that's just me...
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

I like the idea of a fuel cutoff switch in some of the cars I saw. Also a battery cut off. I didnt have a batt. cut off in my car, And when I laid it on its side I was looking for one! Anything is possible.

Unhappy Balls to the Wall..............

Joe! You better call Jim Morton and tell him he's killing his own show and NEETS with these a$$hole rules...........................
    You are letting him change rules that have nothing to do with safety, for example this 350 holley carb. BS.......................
    As you know, I run a F/S at Wall and unless they stop playing games I'll stay with the dirt tracks also.................
    UNCLE PETEY..................

my car is already set up to run wall, wwith the execption of the R/F wheel thing... but even so, these rules are getting expensive... safty is a good thing, but your a racing seat and fuel cell away from being called Factory Stocks... wait...a flashback is coming...NEETs already ran Wall once before, did they not...maybe 2004ish...I was in the stands watching, so I dont know how the rules went...but was the rules like this then...?
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Question Bank Failure...........

The first NEETS race at Wall was in 2003 and we ran our own rules with very little input from track other than they tried to make it into a demo-derby............
    UNCLE PETEY...............

sounds good to me...why cant we do that again...not the demo part...but our own rules... we will diffently get more cars without the stricken rules...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Didn't the rules back in '03 say NEETS could run their own rules because NEETS was a "touring series" not locked into New Jersey?

Good point 310...the problem now is the troopers say what goes or not...and unless we bear the NASCAR logo, it will probably go their way.

In 2003, the rules were much different than they are now, they were in place, but the loopholes back then were a lot larger where the above "touring" idea would have been accepted....

Petey, as for the 350, there are a lot of drivers that want to come play that know this track a lot better than our regular drivers...we just want to make sure it is an even playground.

I understand the concept of low-budget racing, but with these minimum standards set sky high....a low-buget is still in the $1,000 range............ Let's see how these rules go over with the troopers before anything is set in stone....
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Thumbs down Not so NEETS.............

You want to make sure its an even playing field, so your gonna let the Wall guys use the carb.(350 holley) thats in THEIR rules..............
    That means that I have to conform to the Wall F/S rules not the NEETS tech rules....................thats wrong...............
    The NEETS guys have to go out and buy a $300 dollar carburetor plus an adapter plate just so the local guys can run their F/S's....................
    Safety rules are one thing but, now, you two promoters are turning an event I was looking foward too into a travesty................
    A traveling series uses their own rules at any track i.e. legends, 1/4 midgets and NEETS....................
    I have NEVER missed a NEETS event, I have stuck with this series through thick and thin, please don't make me stay home for this one.............LET us run our cars just the way the NEETS rules dictate(stock= make, model & year)..............
    Just remember for every Wall guy you get you'll lose two NEETS drivers........................READ THE POSTS!......................
    UNCLE PETEY....................

I would like to know about the roll cage padding. Where does it HAVE to be installed? I have seen people say it's $15 a length. Where can I buy it for that price? Will it be for sale that night at the track?

well when I raced at bridgeport it needed to be anywhere the head can make contact with the bar...driver side top, front, and rear hoop...and on all door bars...bridgeport told me in case of a fire, the standard padding can melt and drip on the driver... never seen them for $15...when i bought them 2 yrs ago they where 25 for a 3 ft peice..now you can get them for about $20 ...here is what you would need to look for... it needs to have a "Sfi" rating
    http://www.go-fast-parts.com/5733489.html
    this stuff is in no way soft either...it hurts when you hit it...but its safer then a steel bar...

Thread Information