Thread: 88 dq????

88 dq????

John race lasy night but he isn't on the results page. Did he get tossed, anybody have an idea?

I THOUGHT I heard Finan announce something about him being DQ'd for something. Really not positive though.

The announcement was that he was DQ'ed for an unapproved alternator. Not sure what that is about, figured they were pretty much the same.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

think alternator was unplugged or somthing with wire to alternator

yup they disconnected the alternator, and according to inex rules no cutoff switch or wires disconnected the alternator must be wierd up and able to run the car when tech disconnects the battery. to my understanding his wier was disconected and hanging out wide open.

Had it fallen off (loose nut)? What is the advantage of having it not connected? Most would not want their cars to run only off the battery, simply because of the drain of power. I don't get it.

WJ, in the Legends car the alternater robs power from the engine, when it is disconected there will be less drag on the motor to turn it compared to when it is connected. From the inception of the Legends cars guys were installing a toggle switch to turn it on only during the caution.
    "keep the faith"

Okay, Scotty, gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Your welcome W.J. Also they would just remove the fuse or install a blown out fuse. Racers are clever, you know that, Walter knows that too, lol.
    "keep the faith"

Thread Information