Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday's Race: 100 laps or 100 green flag laps?

Friday's Race: 100 laps or 100 green flag laps?

I did not see anything on Stafford's website about the format. It just says 100 laps. Anyone have the scoop?
    Last edited by Axel; 05-18-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

I had the same question. I assume cautions count. It looks like they are going to have another nice day. It'll be interesting to see how many fans go.

We'll be at Thunder Road!

I will be at Stafford to support the tour!!

Stafford

Unless someone tells me all the modified drivers are staying home, then it's a no brainer... Stafford this Friday. And if the weather is good, then it's off to Oswego. Then back to Thunder Road Sunday. It will only be the 2nd time doing all 3 tours on the same weekend for me. And I can't wait til the weekend is here!

Good luck Jim, wish you good weather.....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    Good luck Jim, wish you good weather.....
    RGee you at Stafford?

And yes to Jim good luck, the weather is supposed to be good especially further north.

Stafford is supposed to be partly cloudy 81, Oswego sunny and 69, Thunder Road Partly cloudy and 71. Looks great little chance of you know what.

Negative Jaws.
    Gonna be a busy weekend and going to a Friday night race is tough for me to do....probably hit the Head for awhile Saturday and then back home....nice living about 7 minutes from the track...
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

So do we know if cautions will count or not yet? Will Nascar just tell them when they get there? My guess would be they will count, if not, then why put themselves through the PR nightmare and just keep it 150 laps anyways. As we all know, 100 "green flag laps" gets close to 150 usally. Also TC seemed pretty dissapointed on SLR Monday Night when briefly discussing the reduced purse and reduced laps for Friday Night.
    On a humorous note from the show, rumor is that a Nascar bigwig will be in town Friday night to put the tour drivers back in line. Well atleast its communication, kind of like being happy your boss yelled at you so you don't feel like your forgotten. Best of luck to all the teams.

Richie...

Love your avatar!!!

Might I add also....support your local track!!

A little birdie whispered in my ear it's 100 laps regardless of yellows or greens....
    JED, although I heavily agree with the support your local tracks also, I just felt with the negativity roaming around everywhere, I would go with tour support right now.....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    The RacerHub Network

Quote Originally Posted by MJProcko View Post
    On a humorous note from the show, rumor is that a Nascar bigwig will be in town Friday night to put the tour drivers back in line.

Why do the Tour drivers need to be put "back in line". Can Nascar not take them voicing their opinion to the public? Just my opinion.

Like the T-shirt says......."The beatings shall continue until morale improves"

CTC Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    A little birdie whispered in my ear it's 100 laps regardless of yellows or greens....
    JED, although I heavily agree with the support your local tracks also, I just felt with the negativity roaming around everywhere, I would go with tour support right now.....

Ooooooo, another "bargain" for the fans. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they have 38 GREEN flag laps (if in fact they count cation laps) out of the 100.

I understand supporting the "Mods" but c'mon. Nascar WILL NEVER get the message if all the teams and fans continue to support these events.

This of course is JMO and I know it's not popular.

Exactly. If you go on Friday you are supporting reduced purses and reduced race distances. If you really wanted to support the tour you wouldn't go. What happens if 10k fans show up this Friday? All of the purses will be reduced at Stafford from here on out.
    It sucks, because it hard to skip a race when they are so far and few between races. I know this is a tough decision for a lot of people.

Thread Information