Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ASA @ Shangri-La2

ASA @ Shangri-La2

Any chance we might get a ASA Mod Tour Race either this year or next year at Shangri-La 2 Speedway? I only ask this this year the track is ASA Sactioned !

TJ1976
    I guess we would have to ask Randy Myers on that one. I think expanding the ASA modified territory would be the way to go in order to attract some new talent

It would probably look like a All Northern Division Combo race as i doubt to many from the southern tour area would venture up this way that far. I could be wrong but just a wild guess.

Kinser, Amy Stilson is the track manager and daughter of owner/builder George Swansborugh. She is alway open to ideas from those really interested
    in the place. They have a forum on their web site that she participates in.
    Here is a link>>http://www.shangrila-2.com This is going to very exciting
    having a new track opening in this day and age. Hope some of our NE race fans can find their way there.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

That place looks like it is going to be very fast, wide sweeping turns with some nice banking. Hope to catch a race there this year.

Quote Originally Posted by uticamike View Post
    Kinser, Amy Stilson is the track manager and daughter of owner/builder George Swansborugh. She is alway open to ideas from those really interested
    having a new track opening in this day and age. Hope some of our NE race fans can find their way there.
    I haven't had the pleasure but if Amy is anything like her Dad, she's good people. I would definitely make the trip for a sanctioned mod event, ASA or otherwise. The track looks like it's made for the ground pounders.
    First Thought Wrong ...

Quote Originally Posted by uticamike View Post
    Mike; i posted that request i asked here about asa tour event on the tracks forum; i wonder if it will ever happen?

Well purely conjecture on my part, an ASA Modified race would need a very stout purse to attract the boys down south. Save for the Hills I don't think many sothern based teams would make the trek. I'd like to see an ROC race for sure (no brainer) but without a NASCAR sanction I doubt the Tour would go there. Really what I'd like to see is a open comp show much like the one Seekonk has. You'd need a really good sponser no doubt but a starting field of maybe 28-30 cars will all the top teams there would be fantastic. If the place gets off to a good start with good competitive racing, great food and good value for the hard core fan and the family types the place should thrive.
    From there these fantasies might sprout. Dare to dream.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

TJ1976
    That would be one way to have an open house. Have a open show with a nice attractive purse. Just got to find the right combination of sponsors to support the show

Thread Information