Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Friday, June 5th, the groundpounders RETURN!!!

Twin State

One of the best races of the year! At least 5 drivers had the lead, and a few of them more than once. Dwight Jarvis coming from last to first. I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but does anyone know why Jarvis had to start last?

The only thing that could top off the weekend would have been another amazing race at Mahoning Valley and guess what, that race may have been even better. 3 wide racing and a number of different guys running up front. What a weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uticamike View Post
    Richie!! You picked it!!! Why the switch? Coby is fast at Waterford but the TV regs know TSS very well.I liked DJ based on the awesome run he had @ Maddog in April. This race is great example of why I like all green racing. Last to first is possibe on the TV Tour. Whelen..not likely. ROC..possible but not at Spencer or Oswego. Looks like I missed a good one. Congrats to
    ED McKenndy.
    I switched because, brain fade, I forgot Precision Automotive fires the #20 of Coby. Then again, you had Jarvis and it seems he was the real winner from the back to finish 2nd......
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    One of the best races of the year! At least 5 drivers had the lead, and a few of them more than once. Dwight Jarvis coming from last to first. I'm sure it's on here somewhere, but does anyone know why Jarvis had to start last?

The only thing that could top off the weekend would have been another amazing race at Mahoning Valley and guess what, that race may have been even better. 3 wide racing and a number of different guys running up front. What a weekend!!!
    Jarvis had to start in the rear due to a rule infraction about practicing at a series track alone.

GREAT racing, I didn't get to see too much of it, as I had to score the race, but I'll order the DVD from Gene and watch it that way.

Thanks for all that came out. Hope it was sucessful for Dennis and he brings them back next year on a regular Friday night.
    LSK & RTM

I hope they come back again next year. I've seen 3 races in 3 years at Twin State and each one was a top notch race!

awesome...........totally awesome. to bad some of the other regulars at stafford like ted couldn't have been on the ball enough to have made the trip!
    Way to go Bruce Batchelder.......Used to be part owner of his lane 13 car back a few yrs ago....good to see hin running 8th in an unfamiliar car to him!
    Jon Mckennedy should end up with a truck or camping world ride in the next couple of yrs........he is awesome and way fun to watch! All that for 20 bucks.....WOW!!!!!!!!

From the TVMS rulebook 2009 Section 27 >>

E. The penalty for unauthorized practice is that the car/team in-
    volved will be barred from racing at the next MRS race event at
    that track. Additionally, 100 championship points will be taken
    from both owner’s and driver’s total’s for the year.

Unless I'm missing something Jarvis should NOT have been allowed to compete. (Will be) seems pretty clear to me.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

That may be how the rule book is written. Read the report by Denise, especialy the notes section.

It seems both parties may have made a mistake. A compromise was made.

Interestingly Mark Makovick, former NASCAR Modified Tour PR, guest on The Speedway Line Report this week speaking on what makes a successful series. He put forth a triangle; the drivers, tracks and fans. Jarvis got to race, the track had one of it's all time favorites run and the fans saw a great race in which Jarvis was a huge part.

Dwight is a local hero and the fans would have been wild if he were not allowed to race. Definately interesting watching him slice through the field.
    My girlfriend is a huge Jarvis fan.....but I still love her lol. I am a fan of the series I like all the drivers. They put on a heck of a show.

Dwight Jarvis like him or love him is a local hero at Twin State Speedway.

Telling him not to race the week before a race at TSS, would equate to Oswego Speedway telling Bentley Warren the week before the Oswego Classic, "Sorry, you aren't welcome here" Good luck getting a walk up crowd!

Dwight has like ten championships at TSS, do you honestly think he needs to practice there?
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

I guess in the age of moral relativism the actual verbage of a rule is moot.
    Rule E should end with this sentence....unless your popular at above track....
    What was I thinking??
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

I can tell you he was not on the track long enough for it to be a practice. We could hear the car from our race shop and it was skipping.
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

U-Mike I know what you mean. He really doesn't need any practice there for his driving abilities..........now as far as an all but totalled car from T-Road well........
    Seems to me it was an aweful chance to take considering........

Now I wonder who ratted on him...........lol.
    I believe Phil though he's a straight shooter.

if I remember correctly it was before the Thunder Road event. As far as who ratted him out? who knows you can hear a modified all across town so it could have been anyone.
    "I'm a good winner, but a poor loser" Richie Evans

www.rememberwhenphotosonline.com

NCTS51
    I can remember a few years back at Seekonk there was a driver that practiced on a wed , i cant for the life of me remember his name, but he was told he couldent participate in that weekends events .They did wait until qualifying to tell him ... I guess he wasnt some kind of local hero ?
    Practice or not he was there it was breaking the rules . The rule has been there for quite some time , and from what i understand Dwight was one of the ones who was in favor of creating the rule .

MODSTRUCK
    Actually I believe they let him run. For the life of me I can't recall his name.

Thread Information