Thread: Post race Inspection

Post race Inspection

A spin off of the pre-race thread and a suggestion for post race tech. There were a lot of good ideas regarding what to check pre and post race and who is allowed around the cars during this time. Can there be a more complete inspection pre-race so not as much time is spent post-race (unless something really seems "strange" with certain cars)???

The reason I mention this because Wall is promoting the next race again as a $5 Family Fun night and it attracted alot of fans/spectators the last race. I don't know if they do this at Grandview but Wall opened up the pits after the races were over so the fans could check out the cars. The kids really liked checking out all the cars that were there. The kids like to actually sit in the cars (our future NEETS racers!!)

If the top 5 cars are impounded in post-race tech, the fans can't come over and see the winning cars and meet the drivers. I think giving the fans access to the cars/drivers is a great promotional tool for the series, but if they can't get near the winning cars because of post-race tech, it could be a negative for the fans.

If the inspectors had more time during pre-race tech to check the cars, they could use post-race to only check out "questionable" cars. This would mean that the drivers need to get to the track EARLY so they have time to get through pre-race tech. Hopefully, the post race time could be used to award trophys before the fans came into the pits and the drivers would have their cars at their pit stalls to meet the fans.

I know, I'm deaming in a perfect world, but I thought I would throw this idea out there so Joe and the inspectors would have some time to think about it and have time to adjust the schedule and procedures, if possible.

I will do my best

I will get the cars through a little faster, but post tech is also important!! As a former racer I know when the pits open at the end of the night we like to see the fans and sign autographs!!!

Wink Inspection Protection.................

After the last NEETS race at Wall we had the little fans and their parents crawling all over the cars in the tech line, hehe..................
    Will we be going to DQ city if we have too many junior spectators jumping around in the back seat..................
    UNCLE PETEY.................

don't forget your trunk monkey, Petey.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Thread Information