Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: all is too quiet in NEETS land?

My four banger is only pumpin out about 7 gallons of fuel a race...(thats a calculations, since I never finished a full 100 laps, but i did almost half once)
    If theres nothing wrong with the car, maybe your pickup sensor is not calibrated correctly, You might think the car is full(22 gals) and your burning a full tank but in reality its only about 1/2 a tank
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by EnduroFromDE View Post
    My four banger is only pumpin out about 7 gallons of fuel a race...(thats a calculations, since I never finished a full 100 laps, but i did almost half once)
    I did 85 laps and used right around 7 gallons is my 4 cylinder...that's second gear all the way around the track.
    Last edited by DerbyN8-128; 07-14-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Ah, I have 8 cylinders, not 4 little ones. mmmmm gas!

OK...twice the cylinders twice the gas...14 gallons MAX...still 8 more then you SHOULD be burning...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

oh boy ,you small cars just dont understand you must be driving around in "OD". I dont have that option. Big thursty small block chevy under the hood of my car. Not Briggs and Stratton.

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    oh boy ,you small cars just dont understand you must be driving around in "OD". I dont have that option. Big thursty small block chevy under the hood of my car. Not Briggs and Stratton.
    as previously stated - I did 85 laps and used right around 7 gallons is my 4 cylinder...that's second gear all the way around the track.

There are enduros run on bigger tracks with the same number of laps OR MORE and cars are making it without running out of gas...
    Last edited by DerbyN8-128; 07-14-2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

all i know is. . . Fill 22 gal fuel cell up at sunoco, race around 100 laps + idle and staging laps, = less than 1/4 tank at end of race. glug glug! its a 3100+ lb car....oink! and a heavy right foot... zoom zoom!

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyN8-128 View Post
    as previously stated - I did 85 laps and used right around gallons is my 4 cylinder
    as prevoisly read too...still dont know what your saying...your car "used around gallons"???dont make much since... "is my 4 cylinder"??still dont quite understand...
    Maybe other 6/8 drivers cans comment on this, since all we know how to do is cut grass

Sorry for the typo, I fixed it.

I was talking to the gas guzzler, the part about being in second gear was the main point anyways...

Also my car is a 4 door ford tempo, no where near a light 4 cylinder car
    Last edited by DerbyN8-128; 07-14-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

hmmm 12 gal tank v8 2 barrel 20 laps im good , lol thats about what i run , lol not this time boys im goin for it

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    not this time boys im goin for it
    going for what? 20?

Maybe try to NOT run the tires off the car in the first few laps

I still have the picture of you burning the tires up while stuck on the wall in the back stretch from the 2nd race...just never got it off my camera yet.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

make me a copy of that nate , im goin for all 150 laps this time , at least goin to try anyway

Thread Information