Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hotels for Bristol Race

Hotels for Bristol Race

Do you think it will be a problem finding rooms last minute for a Tuesday-Wednesday stay? Driving up from Atlanta....not sure if I will have anyone coming with me yet. Thats why I haven't booked a room yet. Anyone have any ideas or feedback. Thanks all!

BF

Bullfrog; try the Comfort Inn off in Bristol

I think you can still book a Red Roof Inn in Johnson City, TN, which isn't far from Bristol. But you can only get a room there on Tuesday night.

CTC Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
    Do you think it will be a problem finding rooms last minute for a Tuesday-Wednesday stay? Driving up from Atlanta....not sure if I will have anyone coming with me yet. Thats why I haven't booked a room yet. Anyone have any ideas or feedback. Thanks all!

BF
    Where in Atlanta are you? I'm trying to get things situated at work to get the day/days off and may be interested in the carpool deal. If nothing else, I know that the Super 8 in Bulls Gap is a good place to stay. It's about 45 minutes or so west of Bristol, exit 23 on I81.

ooops, forgot. I'm in Duluth.
    Last edited by CTC Photos; 07-28-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    With Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap running a big Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model race on Wed and Thurs the 19 & 20th rooms are probably unavailable there too. Anything with in 100 miles of the track are probably scarce at this point. Good luck.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Motel 6 available in Morristown, TN

Boone, NC......

Quote Originally Posted by CTC Photos View Post
    Where in Atlanta are you? I'm trying to get things situated at work to get the day/days off and may be interested in the carpool deal. If nothing else, I know that the Super 8 in Bulls Gap is a good place to stay. It's about 45 minutes or so west of Bristol, exit 23 on I81.

ooops, forgot. I'm in Duluth.

CTC...I am in Powder Springs...30 miles west of the city...shoot me an email if you want to carpool. I have two friends that are up in the air right now but I am definitely going regardless.

jercatania@comcast.net

Thanks everybody for the replies...I really appreciate it. howie, I am the optimist!

CTC Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    With Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap running a big Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model race on Wed and Thurs the 19 & 20th rooms are probably unavailable there too. Anything with in 100 miles of the track are probably scarce at this point. Good luck.

As of right now they have rooms availble at $67.99 (althouhg if you go 10 miles north in Morristown the rooms are $50.90) and what's even better...you'd get to see Mods and DLMs on the same trip....Volunteer is one of the top 3 dirt tracks in the southeast in my opinion. It's a smaller dirt version Bristol. In fact they have the old Winston scoring tower sitting up on the hill in the pits. Joe Loven (track owner) has just never gotten around to installing it.

bullfrog - I'll let you know how things look in a week or so.

I called the Comfort Inn and the Best Western in Bristol and they are offering rooms for $99.

Thread Information