Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This affects anyone going to a jukyard...

Terence is absolutely correct! Obama is loaning YOUR money to people who will rush right out and spend it 'outside' the country.
    Fear not, the bill for it will come to you.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Angry Double debt..................

Your 100% correct W.J......................
    In addition, the shredded "clunkers" are being sold to China and will be processed and sent back to the good ole' USA in the form of below par cast iron auto parts..............................
    UNCLE PETEY.................

You, too, are correct Petey. I unfortunately had CHINESE made rear brake drums put on my car this year. They warped and had to be replaced at 250 miles!!! They don't need bombs to beat us, they'll just take (steal?) our money!

a machinist told me these imported metals are of such low quality it puts there repuations on the line now. Piston alloys, higher grades of steel are not reliable anymore and parts that they make now dont last, or break prematurly. A GOOD grade alloy piston using non imported aluminum is now twice the price. What happend to all the scrap from the US from last year. OH thats right we exported it to other countries....DUH!!!!!!wtf?

This is a long one...
    I understand what you's are trying to say but I just hate when people talk about how people shouldn't be running out and buying "Foriegn Cars" when they should be buying "american cars" to help out americans...
    I work at a GM dealership, so im not being Bias with this, and everyone in my family has american cars( I am the only one NOT with one, but is my first "non-american" car)
    Go and pop a hood on any chevy car or truck and take off any motor part, suspension part, fabric part, or fuel system part, and look on it and read what it says...90% of the time it reads made in Mexico or Cananda(hmmm not american) There is MORE american built parts on a JAGUAR then there is a chevy...
    So what makes a car an "american car", where its made(assembled)?...OK, Take a saturn. Half its car line is made in canada or Belgium...Hummer??? half the H3's are made it South Africa...
    Something else to think about...BMW's all the SAV'S (X5, X6 and soon to be X3)are made in South Caralina. Volvo's???virginia... how about all the other cars that GM has or had made cars for...Saab(swedish), Opel(german), Fiat(Italy), Subaru, Isuzu, Suzuki(all Japan)
    Now thats just cars...
    What about that screen your looking at, or that keyboard your about to defend yourself on...turn it over...mine says "Product of China" and its an HP(which was Founded in California).
    So are we just going to all boycott anything that is not 100% american made...how is Critter going to post......im not trying to say i dont like any american products, and i will only buy "foriegn", but America NEEDS foreign items for everyday use...we CANT live without it...and I hate when people gets all PI$$ED off when someone dont buy "american"
    My family got mad at me when I bought a Hyundai...being half my ants and uncles worked for GM in Wilmington, DE. They say that they worked so hard building these cars atleast you can do is buy american...I told them straight to their face. Find me an american car that looks nice, drives nice, and is priced nice, and I will buy it...they had NO response...
    This is just my opinion...but I know I will get PLENTY of responses...
    This ticks me off more then when "Americans" tell foreigners to go back to where you came from...people are just soo Ignorant( and i dont mean rude or disrespectful, i mean lack of knowledge)
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 08-06-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Absolutley true!!! check the tag in you underwear...hecho in mexico or somthing. Cheap labor/parts. The fabrication shop i used to work at laid off 95% of the welders/fabricators......and sent the parts overseas to be assembled and welded.Some guys were there for 15-20 years. Now they got to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    Some car recycling guys were talking at Riverhead last Sat. night about the acid they are required to pour into the motors of these cars, but the cars are also required to be crushed, not parted out in ANY way.
    What we pore in at the dealers is called Sodium silicate or what we at the dealership call LG(liquid glass) Then are Towed to the junk year and the junk yard can strip what they want off the car except the motor and drivetrain. Anything else can be stripped off and sold as parts. The cars are then sold to US Auto Supply which is in Detriot (NOT CHINA) and then sold as scrap metal(which, yes, most of the time is BOUGHT by China companies)
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

EnduroformDE, you want a good American car? Try my 2008 Saturn Aura XR, completely made in America (100% American content sticker inside the door), have it 2 years, NO issues. It will be running fine long after your Hyundai falls apart.
    As to your reference about anything electronic. This was the beginning of the mess we got ourselves into, when we let offshore countries undersell us out of the business, and now they want to make our cars, and every other big ticket item. Americans are basically too stupid and greedy as a whole to see what is happening because the like the price first. Hyundai introduced one of the worst imports when it first came to this country, but loads of people bought them. Phase 2: Oops, sorry, America, we goofed, but now we'll sell you one with a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty. They financed that with the money they stole on phase 1. Foolish consumers, lol!

Being a college grad myself, I have a few things I can add in as well.....

In my senior year, we had a class where we have to create a company, design a product (which was shoes for an unbiased boring reason), choose where to manufacture it, how to market it, how to make the most money for our company....

The computer program which ran the simulation itself was quite advanced, theoretically speaking...it was run mainly on flash drives and 3.5 floppies...

My team set a record for having the best of the best....we outsold/undercut/out qualitied(word?) all of the competition by leaps and bounds.... Where the highest selling competitor made $100,000,000 profit, we sold 100,000,000 pairs of shoes.....the average score among the 7 teams was 65.....we had the perfect 100 to curve the average....

After a 10 year simulation, we had every market tied up, sales and manufacturing, no other team could produce as cheap, sell even a quarter as many, or have any stock market value on their product.....however, our team grew each and every year forcing three other teams into bankruptcy, buying two others out and we stayed away from one other being they were friends of ours...

Our strategy is quite similar to what the country has been attempting....we produced foreign as cheap as possible, didn't market it as a foreign product even though it was, and kept the prices as low as possible to expand our profits. Quantity vs. Quality wins every time when you are selling 100 times as much as the competitor for just a few bucks less.....the average cost per pain was $25, we sold ours for $10....in the final years we changed nothing in the manufacturing end of the business, but we raised our prices to $20 per pair.....even after doubling our prices, we still outsold and bankrupted the competition.

Once people start buying something they like, they will not stop. Look at WJ for instance, he is confident in his Saturn and that is that....who would argue? I would love to find the car that I like and have it run the way I want! In the same sense, I have driven, Pontiac, Ford, Toyota and Mazda.....my favorite and hopeful next purchase will be another Toyota. I had fewer problems with the Toyota than with any of the others.... I know it is a foreign car, but it works for me....if more people stopped and did what WJ and Steve have been saying and actually look at what they are purchasing first, they might buy something different.......five/ten years ago, that would have been the case......nowadays, most people are buying what they can afford and nothing more. The Honda that is half the price of the Jaguar will win every time someone plays the economics card....it is cheaper up front, cheaper parts, cheaper labor to fix, lasts a long time....

If there were more Jags running around on the road today, the opposite might be true....if Honda was as rare as Lamborghini and Jags were common place, everyone would be driving a Jag....

Truth be told, we will probably not get ourselves out of this hole we have dug until something big happens.....even if nothing major does happen, it is still going to take more than a year or maybe even more than 4 years.....before everyone goes off hammering Obama, give him the chance to bury himself in his actions.....we've done it in the past. Until someone votes me in as president, you will have to take what you can get...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Hey Joe, Mr Obama has 'borrowed' more in his first 100 days in office than any other president did in 4 years. Need to know anything more? You and your kids will be paying off his bill for YEARS to come. Me, I'll be gone before it's paid, so I don't have that much to worry about....

Thus ends today's class in economics.

Theres a guy up the street from me who polishes aluminum, hes done lots of stuff for the Discovery channel and the biker build offs. Hes also polishing wheel covers for.. you guess it....OBAMA! a crap load came in to be polished and they require lots or hours of work. Guess whos payin for that??? Theres even a set of huge aluminum wheels for the general of the US armys hummer.wtf? your tax dollars at work!!!

i need a set fro the crysler , maybe i can get a clunker from him

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    Theres a guy up the street from me who polishes aluminum, hes done lots of stuff for the Discovery channel and the biker build offs. Hes also polishing wheel covers for.. you guess it....OBAMA! a crap load came in to be polished and they require lots or hours of work. Guess whos payin for that??? Theres even a set of huge aluminum wheels for the general of the US armys hummer.wtf? your tax dollars at work!!!
    Well, at least the money is going to stay in circulation in THIS country, unlike all the stimulus money that will be shipped to Asia and Europe to pay the manufacturers for the cars they sold HERE under HIS program!

Thread Information