Quote Originally Posted by Richie25 View Post
Please get your facts straight. The 49 didnt protest anything...

ok you were talking to the officials about were chris was supposed to have finished, is that any better for you it may not have been a protest but you were fighting for his spot pretty good. Which i dont see how you got it back. you guys were leaking oil pulled to the box and was told to pull to the infield, and the car was towed off. while everyone else was driving around for a few more laps the checker flew and the 49 did not cross the line to take it, so how chris gets 4th i have no idea. if he got his spot back so should all who were involved in that last caution. i just dont see how you had nothing to do with getting chris to finish 4th

but there were numerous protest on the finishing order so i am pretty sure i am correct on that.[/QUOTE]

Richie,
Maybe you werent standing close enough to over hear my entire conversation with the officials, so next time introduce yourself and I will be glad to invite you in on our conversation so you have the facts.
I just want to be clear I didnt "fight" for any position for Chris.What ever finish the officials deemed final would have been accepted (without protest) by the 49. The reason being, I am quite proficient at scoring and also well versed at knowing, understanding and applying the rules. Attempting to submit a written protest of an official finish is a complete waste of time and energy. That being said however I would always encourage a dialog with the appropiate officials should you have an opinion or complaint about a finish.
I also encourage anyone who doesnt understand the official finish to Sundays race to speak directly to the Race Director for clarification.