Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Lineup

Bristol Lineup

I heard rumors back in the spring that possibly Stewart was going to run this race also. Any word?
    Also have not seen a lineup posted on the Bristol motor speedway site. How many cars will be attempting to qualify 50+???
    Last edited by scott; 08-15-2009 at 01:33 PM.

Is Reggie planning on going to Bristol?

11skmod
    As of right now No Reggie isn`t going.

As of Friday night at Stafford at the WMT drivers meeting 25 of the 32 teams that were there said they were going to Bristol and then add in the 97 James Civali, 7ny Ryan Newman, 96 Kasey Kahne, 71 Rob Fuller, the 14 of Tony Stewert in the Bobby Hutchens Modified and maybe 7-10 Southern Modifieds for a total of 36-40 Modifieds. WMT officials also asked that teams with 2 Modifieds bring them, If the starting field falls short of 36 car starting field they can use them to fill the field.

The 8 of Glenn Tyler did not know if they were going to Bristol and Zane Zeiner has Bristol on his schedule, but I have not seen him run a Modified this year.

If a Modified team decides to go to Bristol they will have to buy Hubs and Wheels in addition to the cost of tires and don't forget the Mods have 5 hours of practice,2 hours on Tuesday and 3 hours on Wednesday.
    Last edited by MOD11RACER; 08-11-2009 at 12:11 PM.

Hubs and Wheels? About how much extra will that cost them?
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Hubs, Wheels, Tires for 5 hours practice and race, in addition to travel and lodging, min 3 days off from work...... and what was the purse to win and how much does it pay to start the feature ?

Cool

Not Enough but let's hope we get 2 races next year at Bristol to use those hubs & wheels. Still a good deal should be a great race. Still trying to find the cash to get there.

Unless you finish top 3, you probably won't pay the tire bill.

Not a very good purse for such a big event and all the changes you have to make, and the tires you have to buy.

Big Bob
    The 14 is Not going i know that for sure. Not sure if reggie will be going heard he might

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Hubs, Wheels, Tires for 5 hours practice and race, in addition to travel and lodging, min 3 days off from work...... and what was the purse to win and how much does it pay to start the feature ?
    Lets not get all negative on this race, it's a start to something good for the WMT, new event, new exposure, TV and Burton Smith love's the Modifieds. Let's hope for a good clean race. Burton wanted to bring the Modifieds to Lowe's Motor Speedway, but the Mods are to fast for the big track. A half mile high banked, wide track would be a nice addition to that complex so Burton could run the Modifieds on cup weekends.

1st place $8,500 + $500 from Whelen and $750 to start. The race also pays the full WMT bonus plan. The purse is listed at $91,575 and the actual cash payout is around $65,164, with $49,764 in racing purse cash payout and $15,400 in cash bonus money. The WMT teams were hopeful that the purse would be the same as the two Loudon races. Maybe next year.

I would love to see two modified races at Bristol next season

Your correct MOD11RACER, I should have left well enough alone

Nice Press release from Bristol on Mike Stefanik:

http://www.bristolmotorspeedway.com/...es/552469.html

love 2 see 2 mod races at bristol next yaer that would be great and i also saw on speed a comercial for the mods at bristol hope that gets some more people to watch

pretty good to see the mods being put in an ad for Bristol. I wonder if the video is on you tube

Thread Information