Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled Show?

Thumbs down Cancelled Show?

Why would Riverhead cancel the Legends for Sept 6th?
    Not that Im involved in a points battle but there are guys that are. Plus, we have more cars than any other division every week. Not to mention that the racing is the most exciting to the fans.
    Last edited by ViscontiRacing; 08-18-2009 at 10:12 PM.

What a bummer, especially since the first show was a rain-out
    RichF

dimaro68

canceled show

it's a shame that the racetrack cancels racing divisions and keep in the s@#t. Unfortunately, the s@#t is what the track feels brings in their cash. I wonder if they'll reduce the adult ticket price due to the divisions being canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by dimaro68 View Post
    it's a shame that the racetrack cancels racing divisions and keep in the s@#t. Unfortunately, the s@#t is what the track feels brings in their cash. I wonder if they'll reduce the adult ticket price due to the divisions being canceled.
    Nice attitude.....

fred card

do the math

12 late models 30 legends always you do the math, agive other divisions extra shows, whats up with that

Quote Originally Posted by fred card View Post
    12 late models 30 legends always you do the math, agive other divisions extra shows, whats up with that
    When was the last time the Legends completed a race on a Sunday?

Remember, don't drink and drive unless it's a golf ball.

fred card
    2 wks ago whats your point,still 30 legends

Quote Originally Posted by Golf Guy View Post
    When was the last time the Legends completed a race on a Sunday?

golf guy if the sunday legend show's weren't so rushed along they would put on a ton better of a show. i am pretty dissapointed that a race was taken away, after talks of getting a time trial show early on in the season. give us the race back Riverhead. I dont see any reason why its was canceled in the 1st place. we raced last year with the enduros and monster trucks with no problems what so ever.

also forgot to add that the legends opening race was rained out so that's a lost race there to. and 1/2 the problem with the long legend races lately is the tow truck/ clean up crew. they take years to get the car off the track and when the cars get off the track they reside. to then clean up the track, weather it be oil or water whatever there always late on that type of clean up. so if time limit is the issue it should not be all pined on the drivers. its not theoir fault the cautions get so dragged out.
    Last edited by Richie25; 08-19-2009 at 03:08 PM.

info@riverheadraceway.com

To the Promoters of Riverhead Raceway.
    I respectfully request you consider not cancelling the Legend Race previously scheduled for Sept 6th.
    The Legend Division has provided a full field of cars for each race to date in 2009. Is there anything we as a divsion can do to have this race returned to Sept 6th racing card.
    Thank you in advance for this consideration.
    Ann Young
    Car Owner #49 and #48 Legend Cars

I have emailed this request to the Cromarty's. Maybe if we as a division all send an email requesting the race be reinstated, it might be considered. Feel free to cut and paste the above email and send it to info@riverheadraceway.com as this is the address I was given when I called the track with my request.

Quote Originally Posted by watchinurace View Post
    To the Promoters of Riverhead Raceway.
    I respectfully request you consider not cancelling the Legend Race previously scheduled for Sept 6th.
    The Legend Division has provided a full field of cars for each race to date in 2009. Is there anything we as a divsion can do to have this race returned to Sept 6th racing card.
    Thank you in advance for this consideration.
    Ann Young
    Car Owner #49 and #48 Legend Cars

I have emailed this request to the Cromarty's. Maybe if we as a division all send an email requesting the race be reinstated, it might be considered. Feel free to cut and paste the above email and send it to info@riverheadraceway.com as this is the address I was given when I called the track with my request.
    Done !! (except I almost forgot to take out your name & put in ours....)
    RichF

We sent one also..
    John Visconti #74

im not in favor of riverhead canceling the legends. I think that they should keep them....however, do the math? 12 late models that buy 5 gallons of race fuel at 50 dollars a clip. That is 500 bucks and factor in lets say each team buy 2 tires...most buy 4. i think the tires are 150 a piece that 300x12 equals 3600 bucks. legend car pays for fuel which some purchase at a gas station. Late Models are more profitable for the track. Not knocking the legends bc I hapen to like them alot but facts are facts.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

Do you really think that the fans who are paying big $$ to go watch a race care where the drivers buy their gas..or who put tires on this week? Its about the race on the track and the excitement that they get to see. We (Legends) put on a hell of a show and the fans love it. Are they coming "just" to see the Legends race? Maybe not , but none of the fans ever complained that there were only 7 or 8 cars in the field, or that it looked like a frieght train with everyone following each other until the last lap when the guy in second dumped the leader for the win. You do the math...happy fans or a happy gas guy...who pays to sit in the stands with their families?
    Last edited by ViscontiRacing; 08-19-2009 at 06:04 PM.

I agree 100 percent but as a lot of people know they cromartys are all about the $$$
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

They have been in this business along time, and I give them credit for doing so. I just cant see swapping out the Legends cars for another class at the end of the season. It just isnt fair to the guys who are running for points and could possibly advance to a higher position. Plus the real bottom line is, like I said before...The Legends put on one hell of a show.

Thread Information