Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where does the number go?

Nah....if it works at all, just put it on the pavement!

Seven years, huh? Can't wait to see it back in action!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

what kind of ride u have popop ? all ready to go ? see ya at the track

1987 Cavalier RS. Not quite ready to go but very close. You won't get a chance to zoom by me, I got a 4 cyl. and 101" wheelbase.

awww man ,lol well just watch out for derbyn8 he likes to take it to the extreme lol good luck to ya , we have a cavalier 4 the 4cyl race but its not close maybe next race

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    well just watch out for derbyn8 he likes to take it to the extreme lol

for the second time in this thread

lol

Even the exact reason NASCAR runs there numbers the way they do is not set in stone. A fan wrote into NASCAR Now and asked the question of why they face the infield and the answer was "back in the day hand scorers sat in the infield, this way they could see the numbers easier".

The next episode they corrected the answer and said it had MORE to do with being able to see the numbers while the cars were in the banked turns on the OPPOSITE side of the track from the fans...but they ended up saying there were too many different "thought to be correct" reasons for it, and no one really knew the REAL answer.

So slap your numbers on and drive around the track
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

just pickin on ya nate buddy

Dirty Numbers.........

Thats right Nate! At grandview it doesn't matter if you put your car number on the inside of your trunk lid.......................
    Nobody can see it after 20 laps anyway......................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

Yo Nate! Which way do the numbers on the bottom have to face lol?

[QUOTE=richardpetey;132491Nobody can see it after 20 laps anyway......................[/QUOTE]

Mine gets covered up by the end of the pace laps for some reason
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

OK. Now that I have the number thing sort of straightened out I need opinions on how best to bolt the doors shut. There are as many ways to do it as there are people doing it so give me some of your best ideas. Tell me about the wrong ways too, I'm sure you must have seen some.

Poppop

weld em shut , thats the best way

spier racing 93
    i personally like chain...its easier to get into the car to fix things or to add more safety bars...

i welded mine. tried bolting it, came lose and door opened when was hit hard. did the chain thing and i bolted it with chain. still did not like it. i welded and put a rub bar on the side. the door is very safe now. man i agreed with critter.

Wink Door-steps.................

After years of trial and error, I have found the best way to secure your enduro door is to weld a couple of tabs on the door skin( I usually gut most of the inner door frame) and bolt those tabs to the rear quarter and the front fender......................
    Next, I drill big 2 1/2" holes through the door and rear quarter and install a rub rail securing it with 2 tubes that slide inside each other(one welded to the cage the other welded to the rub rail), drill a 3/8" hole through the 2 tubes and install a bolt and nut in the drilled hole................
    The rub rail will prevent the door from opening and it can be removed to repair door damage which can also be opened or removed because its bolted on instead of welded......................
    UNCLE PETEY....................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 08-26-2009 at 08:24 PM.

bo and luke style for me lol

Thread Information