Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To increase support....

To increase support....

pits= $20
    Entry fee $50
    Transponder $10
    Grandstands=$7 ($5 if you show stub from last Saturday night race)
    The night before let us have a 15 lapper at the end of the regular show, no purse, just for fun. That might get some of the saturday fans interested in going the next day. We have to do something to get more cars and people to the track. I think this is a good idea to start building on. JMO
    Lets here some other ideas. Try to keep them positive in nature all the bashing is getting old.
    Cory 1x

good idea

I think this is a good idea. The only problem I personally have with it ...is I have3 factory stocks that we run on Sat nights. It would be impossible to also bring the enduro car up too. If this does happen I will still as always continue to support the Mtn madness series. Just won't be able to race the enduro car on a Sat. night.
    Keep the ideas coming everyone ----- we need to figure out some way to Save our enduro's at Sundance

propane1075

Getting people interested / Car counts

First off, I think Mike does a fine job with what he has to work with, but as you said Mike each and every one of us, has to help promote the sport. I think we all do help in promoting the sport, but $28 for a pit pass plus car registration, adds up for a family. I think Corey's idea has potential, but also why not try and run a headliner show with us. For example, maybe a factory stock, thriller or late model race. Let them run first, then have the endoros. You know the late models bring a decent crowd.
    As far as the car count that is a whole other story. You asked, so I am going to tell you my thoughts. First and foremost it gets very discouraging when you read the rules and build a car by the rules, and then the rules do not seem to apply. Take for instance rule #3; it states that components will be stock for year and make of vehicle. My question is why are stock springs on average 18" or so high uncompressed and we are seeing short or very short springs? I am not going to dwell on this, however are these stock? Again rule #15 states suspension must be stock components, maybe we need to clarify what stock means? Finally, rule #24 last sentence read it, what do you get out of it?
    FORGET THE BOUNTY!
    My feelings are and this is just my feelings. Get back to the basics and they will come. Why should someone dump a $1000 (roughly) to come down there and not even have a chance at winning or placing in the top 10. It seems like the odds are against you before you even unload the car. Bottom line
    1. Drop the prices
    2. Run a headliner show along with us
    3. get back to the basics
    4. stick to the rules set
    5. have fun and enjoy the ride

How about

For 2010 a March maddness series. Have one every Saturday that month. Big D. and G-view won't be running yet so there would be on conflict. Cut the entry fee in half and I know I can do the four weeks in row.
    Just an other idea.
    Last edited by STU; 09-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Spanky1975
    I really don't think that there will be any price reductions at the speedway. If anything Joe will say that since there are only ten cars running we have to charge them triple to make up for the other twenty cars that are missing, but I do agree there should be more races, but I think they should be spread out over the summer. I already have a knot in my stomach about the race coming up in September. You are going to have Dunn Hill 2 running, and also Big Diamond's enduro is that day. I hope there is at least ten of us.

Also wanted to add and I think this is a question for Geno. Is it possible to have a preregistration on the web site so we have an idea of how many cars will be showing up for the next event?
    Last edited by Spanky1975; 09-02-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Spanky1975
    Not really an enduro issue, but I think it would be a good idea to get rid of the tire rule for the 4cly's in the weekly series. I think you would sell a lot more pit passes at the beginning of the year and god knows I would be making a lot more visits to the track. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Pre registration

Personally, I don't have a problem with posting pre reistrations. However, what usually seems to happen with that sort of thing is that drivers pre register and then don't show anyhow. I'll ask the powers to be about it though.
    Official Mountain Speedway PR/Webmaster/Announcer
    www.mountainspeedway.com

Spanky1975
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    I think this is a good idea. The only problem I personally have with it ...is I have3 factory stocks that we run on Sat nights. It would be impossible to also bring the enduro car up too. If this does happen I will still as always continue to support the Mtn madness series. Just won't be able to race the enduro car on a Sat. night.
    Keep the ideas coming everyone ----- we need to figure out some way to Save our enduro's at Sundance
    Just bring another set of tires, hell with the locked rear. Mop up the field and take the DQ. Most of us are just out there for the thrill of the ride.

Do a story

Write up story on how easy it is to get into enduro racing (with a little hard work) and put it in the Standard Speaker. Maybe a few guys out there will say what I did a few years ago "hey, what am I waiting for? I can do this"
    add a list of easy to understand rules, pix of what a race ready car should look like etc.
    When it goes to a series backer, this has "Harry's u-pull it" written all over it. Worth a phone call anyway.
    Keep the ideas coming!

I'll conduct a class for you. Minimun 5 people to start a 1 week class. Bring their cars, money for tubing, and beer.

Spanky1975
    Quote Originally Posted by propane1075 View Post
    First off, I think Mike does a fine job with what he has to work with, but as you said Mike each and every one of us, has to help promote the sport. I think we all do help in promoting the sport, but $28 for a pit pass plus car registration, adds up for a family. I think Corey's idea has potential, but also why not try and run a headliner show with us. For example, maybe a factory stock, thriller or late model race. Let them run first, then have the endoros. You know the late models bring a decent crowd.
    As far as the car count that is a whole other story. You asked, so I am going to tell you my thoughts. First and foremost it gets very discouraging when you read the rules and build a car by the rules, and then the rules do not seem to apply. Take for instance rule #3; it states that components will be stock for year and make of vehicle. My question is why are stock springs on average 18" or so high uncompressed and we are seeing short or very short springs? I am not going to dwell on this, however are these stock? Again rule #15 states suspension must be stock components, maybe we need to clarify what stock means? Finally, rule #24 last sentence read it, what do you get out of it?
    FORGET THE BOUNTY!
    My feelings are and this is just my feelings. Get back to the basics and they will come. Why should someone dump a $1000 (roughly) to come down there and not even have a chance at winning or placing in the top 10. It seems like the odds are against you before you even unload the car. Bottom line
    1. Drop the prices
    2. Run a headliner show along with us
    3. get back to the basics
    4. stick to the rules set
    5. have fun and enjoy the ride
    All I know is S&M Motorsports had three cars on the track at one point and now they are down to one. Lets get on the stick and get at least another car on the track. I know there is usually a garage full of drivers down in White Haven on a daily basis. Either that or give Tito a tetanus shot and tell him to pull the bent up 410 out of the trailer.

Spanky1975
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobigsly View Post
    I'll conduct a class for you. Minimun 5 people to start a 1 week class. Bring their cars, money for tubing, and beer.
    Do they have to bring a garbage can or are they supplied?

Spanky1975
    I think if less than 25 cars total show up they should mix us all together for 200 laps. I think it would be a good show for the people in the stands. I don't know about a 79 New Yorker hitting my plastic saturn, but I think it would be alot of fun outrunning some of the V8's.

RACERX
    spanky i think we could outrun all of the v8s. jeff walls did it with a v6

Spanky1975
    Maybe if it rained we could take all the V8's, but thats still a tall order.

Thread Information