Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe, I got a ????

gutter7

Joe, I got a ????

With the 4cyl. issue "rolling under red" Why not use the transponders?
    If the cars in question were sitting on the back stretch in the same order they crossed the line you have a non issue.

But then that would take up too much time moving people around to fix how they are on the track..they should come to a safe stop and not gain positions. This is why we state in the rules, if you gain a position under red you will be docked a lap. Some people do not have an advantage by moving under red because they are so many laps down it wouldn't matter to move them and they just need to be spoken to when brought to our attention. Cindy, myself, and even our announcer watch the top 3-5 positions for movement under red because they would have the most advantage with the movement as well as any blatant movement.

We cannot keep our eyes on EVERY car and it is a waste of time making sure that the cars that passed the loop are in the exact same order and if they are not, move them (that would make us more like a Saturday night show and this is an Enduro so it doesn't really fit). Everyone should know the rules and therefore should know the penalties and be ready to ACCEPT the penalties when they do break a rule. For those who it wouldn't matter if I take a lap off or not and they still move under red and are caught, I have no problem stopping scoring them if they consistently have a habit of it, it would only make my job easier. Not my call to make, but that is what I would do. I won't stand for any form of cheating when we bust our butts every day of our life to keep this series alive.

Thanks for the suggestion Al, it is a great idea but I think moving people would just take too long, but I can get an idea of who is moving if I look at the passings verses what I see on the track so I know who to watch out for.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Maybe I should restate (reword) it at the next drivers meeting....

I say everytime, when we throw a red flag, brig your car to a slow stop...slow stop does not mean roll around the speedway unti lthe car glides to a stop.

IF and WHEN we see a car rolling under red, I keep making the call for all cars to stop over the scanner (another issue...). At the meeting, we ask the drivers to wave their hands in the car when a red comes out to let the driver behind you know to stop as well...and also that you are stopping your car.

Sometimes, it is simple that one or two cars continue to race and either don't don't have scanners or are already past a flagger when the red comes out to notice it.

The issue at hand is as follows, we throw the red, cars slow down but keep rolling. Erin said it and I'm saying it again. We state the rules at the meeting, and as the driver you are to understand and obey these rules or be willing to accept the consequences. We had an issue on the front stretch when three cars rolled past the #44 who stopped just before the line...the three cars were moved back. Why do we move some and not others? Easy answer...position.

When a car rolls 100/200 feet too far, we can easily move them back...
    When a car rolls 1/2 or 1/3 the way around the track, we're not going to spend an extreme amount of time moving one car back...we are going to dock the lap. There were two red flags thrown during the Small Car race, the issue that was brought up was who moved under red for position...this issue will be reviewed once we have the video in our hands...between now and that time, there is no reason for anyone to rush/demand an instant answer. Once we do our review, we will make a final judgement call on this issue. No one is even remotely close to being DQ'd over it, but points may be adjusted if necessary. If movement under red by a competitor is obseved, and they will not gain/lose a position based on docking a lap or not, nothing will change.

Again, no instant answer can be given on this issue until we do our review of both notes and videos...so please, before anyone feels like they are getting the raw end of the deal, let us do our due diligence first...besides, at how many other enduro events are the officials willing do review anything after the checkered is thrown?

Thank you all once again, great show, great racing!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

gutter7
    There is a good chance it won't be on video.... but if an official said car X advanced his position and the scoring system says no car X has been ahead of those cars you don't have to review anything. Thats why Grandview went to the instant scoring.

I know exactly what you mean. During a red I can take a quick look at the field and compare it with what the computer shows and make a call from there. I try to give everyone the benefit of a doubt with one chance when it seems like they couldn't stop as quick as everyone else and "barely" passed, but when it is blatent I will not tollerate it.
    Erin Cutri

SHE WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!!!!!

________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

crazyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by gutter7 View Post
    There is a good chance it won't be on video.... but if an official said car X advanced his position and the scoring system says no car X has been ahead of those cars you don't have to review anything. Thats why Grandview went to the instant scoring.
    Only a spectator at grandview /neets but -When the red was out a few cars went part way around others took a little longer to slow down n stop but they were NOT top cars okok maybe 1 time car# &) kept goin but hey it's all for fun UNLESS you are living on your winnings which I doubt , RED means STOP unless your from Jersey then it means fly faster befor ya get caught If you half way threw red light do YOU Stop suddenly or go till you are across ??? Stop on a dime n get WHACKED or come to a decent safe stop ........ IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO HIT CRITTER PLEASE SWERVE around him even if you have to enter the infield .....

good point crazy , im just a little upset with the whole issue , i guess some people dont care , im hopin i can come up with the money to fix it , just very upsettin had a good car saved it from the wreck and he kept on comin under red ,still have the yellow paint on my fender

its all part of enduro racing. this isnt a saturday night show with 15-20 cars and yellow flags and time to reline everyone up. the reds are out for a safety concern and once the track is clear we go back to racing. we do move cars back when the y do move under red. there were three cars on the front stretch of the big car race that were moved back since we had the time. other wise we Do dock you one lap for moving under red. no matter where you are in the field wheter it be first or last or any were in between. i invited you to spend a day in our shoes just to see what we go through under reds.
    Last edited by Erin C; 09-01-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

crazyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lad3der View Post
    its all part of enduro racing. this isnt a saturday night show with 15-20 cars and yellow flags and time to reline everyone up. the reds are out for a safety concern and once the track is clear we go back to racing. we do move cars back when the y do move under red. there were three cars on the front stretch of the big car race that were moved back since we had the time. other wise we Do dock you one lap for moving under red. no matter where you are in the field wheter it be first or last or any were in between. i invited you to spend a day in our shoes just to see what we go through under reds.
    hmmm a day in your shoes kewl but no thanks they must be sweaty n smelly by time yas get done , I aint complaining how ya do your jobs it's the drivers who need to watch out for the red flag , I luv the way ya have your races thats why we keep coming back it's awesome watchin ppl who don't stop or SLIDE when hitting their brakes fast cough cough critter ya were facing wrong way when ya got hit so you tried to be nice but got hit anyways . ok day in your shoes I'll wear my own shoes n give it a shot just to see what you all go threw would be kewl to see it all upfront . did you ever think to chance off tickets ?? spend a day in our shoes see our views just $10 a day of course we'd have to sign contract that we would be responsible for whatever happens while we view the neets peeps...... Congrats again ya do a wonderful job too
    Last edited by Erin C; 09-02-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Personally, I cant believe people are complaining about this. We all know that neets enduros are a great thing and i for one am happy to be a part of it. lets not ruin this good thing and just let them do there job. they do the best they can and thats all we can ask for. its not like there out there not caring what goes on. Organizing and running events like this are very hard, and I also believe they all have full time jobs am I correct? Remember, this isnt weekly modified or sprint car racing. Good luck to all in the next event.

another thing I forgot to add...I went to sit in the stands after I loaded up from the small car race, there were some very rude people behind my family (3 and 1 year old kids included) screaming the f-bomb and what not because of a little tap to the rear bumper while racing. Am I wrong to ask them to be a little more courteous? Because they thought so...lol
    Last edited by Danger83Ranger; 09-01-2009 at 08:56 AM.

You are not wrong at all to ask them to watch their language. If they have a problem with it, point them in my direction after the races...That is one thing I can't stand, cursing and rude behavior in front of children.

And yes, we do have full time jobs as well...I am at work right now
    Erin Cutri

gutter7
    No i'm not complaining, and they do a good job, but when a call is made involving cars that run up front all race every race it could have been settled with out question. jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfriend View Post
    Only a spectator at grandview /neets but -When the red was out a few cars went part way around others took a little longer to slow down n stop but they were NOT top cars okok maybe 1 time car# &) kept goin but hey it's all for fun UNLESS you are living on your winnings which I doubt , RED means STOP unless your from Jersey then it means fly faster befor ya get caught If you half way threw red light do YOU Stop suddenly or go till you are across ??? Stop on a dime n get WHACKED or come to a decent safe stop ........ IF YOU ARE ABOUT TO HIT CRITTER PLEASE SWERVE around him even if you have to enter the infield .....

When the red comes out, don't throw out the anchor, you roll to a safe stop WITHOUT advancing your position or racing to the transponder line. I don't care if you are in 1st place or 51st place, same rule applies to ALL! It's a matter of safety. Red also means you don't go into the pits. As it stands now, you are penalized a lap for going into the pits under red. However, in my opinion, I think it should be an automatic DQ. Why? For instance, in the big car race the #10 car caught fire next to the pit entrance gate, two cars cruised right by him and into the pits. Fortunately, it was a little fire that was quickly extinguished, but if it wasn't, that had potential for a real enduro barbeque. Use your heads out there, stop safely on red as soon as you see the lights, hear Joe on the scanner or see the red flags waving. Stay where you are until the green flag is displayed, THEN make your way into the pits. Just want to see you all be able to return to race another day.

What was that crack about Jersey????
    Ms. NEETS/Registrations
    Enduro Racing Ain't for Sissies

Dirty Jersey? no im just kidding...lol.

gutter7, i was referring more to the crowed behind me that was complaining and cursing about the red flag situations. i understand your point completely. all im saying is its tough to keep an eye on all competitors when red flags come out. the transponder, how does the instant scoring work? i thought it only registered when crossing the line and that is why the modifieds, late models etc etc go back to the previous lap before a red or caution. is that correct?

Thread Information