Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Inspections

Tech Inspections

Yesterday went great! I really don't have any complaints except for the post-race tech.

I know I have explained it before at driver's meetings, that only the driver is permitted to be by the car in tech....for some reason, this info does not sink in...I know the drivers have a lot of adrenalin pumping after a race, but you have to remember this simple rule....DRIVER AND CAR ONLY IN TECH!

We are not tolerating crew members and friends in the tech area. If you want to congratulate someone, WAIT UNTIL AFTER THEY PASS TECH!!! Nothign worse than telling someone "way to go" just before the tech official says "uh-oh"...

I made it clear to everyone yesterday, and the tech area looked like a desert after I said it... We are not tolerating extra people in tech! If you don't belong in tech, don't go over there.... Please.... I don't ever want to DQ a driver for something as simple as finding him under someone else's hood, or his crew under the hood while our tech officials are inspecting the car. I use the scare tactics enough, I don't ever want to have to enforce this procedure!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

I am discussing with my tech officials whether we should move the post-race tech inspections to the infield...after the race, the cars are parked in a designated, taped/coned-off, area and left until after ALL racing is complete. 5/6 drivers will be called to the infield after the last race, one division at a time. This way, we have the privacy required and the time we need so that we are not rushing to get the cars through so the officials can get back to their posts....

Race #6 is next....TOP 6 in points will be FIRMLY tech'd prior to racing....get there early guys....

If our officials agree on this idea, it will be so.....

Now....I know people wonder why we want privacy. There are no secrets in tech, but I am not going to open your hood and invite other drivers over to see how you set-up your car...you can do it, it is your car! If we find something illegal, we will address the issue with the person in charge of the vehicle....the driver. The driver is the one at fault and will accept the punishment. No one likes hearing bad news, no one should have to hear bad news in front of 40+ people....it's just inappropriate.
    Last edited by Erin C; 08-31-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: fixed a sentence.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Since I didn't want that one post to seem like a crazy rant that kept going....here's a little extra!

I do apologize if I seemed rash yesterday telling people that we will DQ anyone breaking this rule, but my tech officials are busy looking at the cars, they are not watching what people are doing 4 cars over. If the tech officials have to babysit the whole area, there is a likelihood that they will miss something they would have caught if they were focussed.

If we don't have an issue, there shouldn't be an issue. But when the drivers are chatting while the tech officials are doing their job and the other cars are being looked at by random people, someone will end up losing out.....

Do you want the "crime scene tape" or the "caution " tape to put around tech?

Caution tape would do the trick....but who could pass up CRIME SCENE TAPE!?!?!?!

crazyfriend
    Crime scene tape with body drawn in area lmao maybe that would work but then again crime scene would draw a BIG crowd ........ just give tech guys some spray to spray away everyone not belonging in tech area ...... where's the tech area ???? just so us outsiders who visit pits afterwards know

well thats the area where they take the top cars re tech them very well to see whos all good and who has been naughty , im hopin within the next 3 i will be there

Make critter the tech booth bouncer!

maybe i should give up driven and do that ,,,,,,, not never know i might be after the race anyway gettin my after race tech

maybe ill become bouncer since joe says im a BULLY

hey bully , u tryin out post me now ???? hey dx is back on the track , if u know what i mean big bro , i think we might have to hit the 56 with a little lime green , break it down ,

got 2 words for ya tap jack

NOOOO! no more taps! my car was tapped enufff!!!! Have mercy on the m/c, its got no more places to bend up. The only taps is the one ill hear after the last race for my car.

make sure i get invited to the service i want to pay final respects since i have a younger bro to your monte
    dont worry just kidding about the tap buddy

Next year one of our drivers will have had his car for 15 years at multiple venues. It will last as long as the elbow grease you put into it...and the caution you use on the track
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Thread Information