Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oswego live

Hossfan
    Caution lap ten.34 leads, follwed by 59, 45.

Hossfan
    Lap 50 59, 34, 45 caution lap 52.22 out. Lap car got sideways causing wreck

Hossfan
    Lap 56 15 leads followed by 72, 51, 6, 88. 60 in rear. 22 out

thanks for the updates

i apreciate them alot thanks...... would you please post driver names with car numbers for the full field one time. i know its alot to ask but i believe theres a few diferent drivers in some cars i just dont know what car# they are in. thanks

Hossfan
    Lap 90 caution 6 leads Leaty, 51, 93 Pennick, 34 Rusty Smith, 72, 66 restart

finish top 10
    6 51 93 34 72 66 60 59 3 11

good run for the #93 for the first time at the track will be strong next week for the ROC

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    Thanks for all the updates. Musta been a long day.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Thanks for all the updates. Musta been a long day.
    Howie, you are so right!!

Decent race, top cars had problems except for Leaty who was real strong.

Fastest car for the first 1/2 of the race was Eric Rudolph. Lap 56 caution caused a cut left front, he went to the back and never recovered. Mike Leaty spun and never was a factor. Chuck Hossfeld was strong but punctured the radiator on the same caution with Rudolph. Pete Britian started slow but moved up all race long. Billy Putney started the night by leaving a big tire mark 1/2 way up thebackstrech wall, came back to run in the top 5 until the right front came off, looked like a broken hub. Eric Beers was looking at a top 5 until contact with another car resulted in him being sent to the rear with only 10 laps to go. Rusty Smith and Rowin Pennick had good nights.

Scary wreck that turned out to be nothing was the 9 of Davey Hamilton hitting the tires in front of the pit entrance, he was able to continue and start feature, his night ended against the back strech wall.

Race of Champions should be a good race next week.

The 99 is Jeff Hammam, ROC rookie, moving up from SST. Won at Lancaster
    a week ago (first ever mod win) and an up and commer.

The renumbered 31 is the 3 of Tom Kinsella from Syracuse a car i used to crew on. This was the first time out for them this year and they made the redraw (not bad). I don't know why they faded as it looked like they had a top 10 going.

We were in the 3rd heat and were pitting right near the the pit entrance and had a front row seat to Davey Hamilton's long lazy slide off the back chute
    and it looked like he was trying to steer it into the pits but when he hit those tires........well, I got a real good look at the bottom of the Horwith 9. Scary, but suprising little damage considering the hit he took. The safety crew had a hellava time getting those loose tires out from under his car. I asked later about it and he said he WAS trying to steer it into the pits then the next thing he knows,, he's looking at the sky. He's taken his share of hard shots over the years I'm sure this one didn't make his top 5. A nice guy to chat with.

Jan Leaty is simply the Master of Oswego Speedway. Was on a rail. Odds on to win the 200 next week but.... . With the race being a day one a lot of teams will be chasing their set up. Jan is real pro when it comes to this.

Hard luck award would have to go to the 88 team of Putney Racing. After getting the STEEL treatment in his heat, Billy's crew did a fantastic job of
    hanging a new front end on 88. RF suspension, the rack, lots of bent tin
    (the usual suspects). The car was flying in the race and I think Billy got up to as high 3rd at one point till...... the hub broke. Racing is cruel for sure.
    the ROC rules!! / Pacin ain't Racin
    " honey!! I can't sleep, turn on the CUP race will ya?"

Anyone have the full results?

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

thanks Howie

Thread Information