Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else heard this?

TJ1976

Question Has anyone else heard this?

I heard this yesterday from Burt Myers himself....

Rumor has it theres only going to be one Mod Tour next year and its going to be all up North

I seriously hope its just a rumor and thats it

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    The single tour rumor has been floating around in various versions for a while. That's the first time I've heard the "its going to be all up North" twist to it though.
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

night gent
    Even though I live "up north", it would be a shame if the economy caused the whelen southern mods to go under. Let's hope that it's just a rumor!

mends
    i haven't heard it.. but i've predicted it since last year...

within 2 years... whelen mod tour with maybe 4 southern races...

that's the official prediction from me...

if that happens... don't look for southern teams to travel, look for another southern tour to pop up...

Wow, after only a really short time, no one remembers the S.M.A.R.T. Tour? That's want NASCAR squished out for their own southern tour. I feel there will always be a southern tour of some kind and I also feel it will be the comeback of S.M.A.R.T. JMO
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

no more

when only 16 cars show up ,what do you expect. its costing nascar $$$ they do not like that

mends
    Quote Originally Posted by RGeeProductions View Post
    Wow, after only a really short time, no one remembers the S.M.A.R.T. Tour? That's want NASCAR squished out for their own southern tour. I feel there will always be a southern tour of some kind and I also feel it will be the comeback of S.M.A.R.T. JMO

i was on the board of directors for SMART...

and yes that would be a viable option...

but let see what happens...

This is a interesting thread and could well be true for good reason but take a look who started the rumor.......#1.

Curious, does smart allow traction control?.......just asking.

TJ1976
    Not defending Burt or anything, but there was some chatter about speculation of one tour among other teams at Myrtle Beach as well, minus the "all up North"

If NASCAR wants to make money with the guys down here, they need to start shelling out some money. When the costs (tires, food, fuel , etc) to run are more than what the sanctioning body is willing to pay...of course you're only going to have a handful of cars show.

Lets see what really happens after the season is over

JMO
    Last edited by TJ1976; 09-13-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Up North..... if you want to run with the best, well where is the competition? thats where the real racing is.

The North only Tour has been a topic in the pits the last couple of weeks. It would be a shame if the Southern Tour went away. I hope it does not. It has brought some recognition to the southern modifieds.

With the demise of the ASA tour the NASCAR tour is now the only option if you wish to race a modified. As I was told by one team the NASCAR deal is a professionally run deal. You know what you get.

Upping the purse is always great but can the tracks afford it? The northern Tour knows what is like to have tracks turn them away because of the costs.

mends
    my reasoning for the north only tour

1) how can nascar validate supporting a 10-15 car tour
    2) now that the cars are supposedly identical in rules package, does 2 tours make sense
    3) with 2 races now in the south, you could potentially add, richmond, motor mile, south boston - you could potentially have 1/3 of the tour in the south - which means nascar could validate the 1 tour by saying so many races are in the south, that traveling is not as big an issue

southern cars traveling north - my take upon this

1) many drivers and crews cannot take off that many days to travel.. me and gene pack talked yesterday upon it and if 1) you could get days off to travel and 2) you could afford the expense... then running the northern tour would make the most sense as far as payoffs are concerned...

2) travel expenses would probably be about $1000 per race, so you can deduct that from any winnings and then that would leave a southern team in about the same position as the lower paying southern tour

resurrection of SMART tour

1) everything is still in place should that need to happen, everyone that was involved is still involved in some way with the modifieds now - except for president josh jenkins who passed away

2) caraway is the main nascar track and was the main smart track, so 6 dates would be set up probably immediately.. procuring tracks and dates would be the main obstacle...

3) smart didn't have a series sponsor before, so it doesn't necessarily need one to happen

these are just my personal observations and i have not had any insight or discussions with any decision makers anywhere, i can see the writing on the wall and honestly in my opinion it doesn't look hopeful for a southern tour...

who's too blame???? everyone can make an assumption, but things work in unison... no purse - no cars - no cars - no track wanting to pay big purse

u r right

very nice written. ur 100% right

monty57mod

mends reasoning for north tour only

I totally agree with you on this one. And it was very nicely written.

Quote Originally Posted by mends View Post
    who's too blame???? everyone can make an assumption, but things work in unison... no purse - no cars - no cars - no track wanting to pay big purse
    They had the cars the first couple of years.

Thread Information