Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oswego

Oswego's racing surface is done. This is what happens to a track that has been negleted for over twenty years. Someone needs to put some money into that place and there is no outside grove at all. No passes for the lead under any of the green flag runs.

Run the race @ Loudon in October after the World Series at Thompson. Make it 250 laps with a $200,000 purse. Bring back the real ROC, if it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MOD11RACER View Post
    Oswego's racing surface is done. This is what happens to a track that has been negleted for over twenty years. Someone needs to put some money into that place and there is no outside grove at all. No passes for the lead under any of the green flag runs.

Run the race @ Loudon in October after the World Series at Thompson. Make it 250 laps with a $200,000 purse. Bring back the real ROC, if it can be done.
    I agree it can be done, but late October in New England is just a little cold to attempt a race this big. it is time for a big season ending race somewhere, under some name, whether its R.O.C. or something else. I saw every R.O.C. at Pocono from 82-91, and all 4 at Flemington 92-95. Only been to one at Oswego in 2005, and its a damn shame what this race has turned it too.

We need a BIG race that EVERY modified driver wants to win. Whether its at Thompson, Stafford, Loudon, or somewhere else, it needs to be done. Every major short track division has a race that is far and away the biggest race of the year. The Outlaws have the Knoxville Nationals, Dirt Mods have Syracuse, Super Late Models have the World 100, Midgets have the Chili Bowl, etc. Do we need it? YES. Will it happen? Sadly, probably not.
    I Love The Modifieds!!!!!

Anyone who has attended any number of races should have known the posted schedule was unreasonable especially at Oswego. I was expecting the 200 to start around 4 so with the rain delay they were not too far off that. Also speaking of a new site for this race does anyone know the status of the 3/4 mile track that is suppoused to be built at the NJ motorsports complex. Think that is the name. It would be closer to draw southern cars and would allow for a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by TourFan Ed View Post
    Anyone who has attended any number of races should have known the posted schedule was unreasonable especially at Oswego. I was expecting the 200 to start around 4 so with the rain delay they were not too far off that. Also speaking of a new site for this race does anyone know the status of the 3/4 mile track that is suppoused to be built at the NJ motorsports complex. Think that is the name. It would be closer to draw southern cars and would allow for a later date.
    I don't believe that has gone anywhere since the road course was opened.

3/4 mile oval

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/overview.html

But it still is in the plans, just no time frame.

night gent
    A "richmond like track" in New Jersey sounds awesome. I hope they have the financing to complete that phase of the project. There's always dover although with that banking it probably is too dangerous for the mods!

from a personal perspective, the ATV track looks like fun!

That would be very cool to have a 3/4 miler right (sort of) in the backyard.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

Thread Information