Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oswego

Hossfan

Oswego

Sitting here watching them dry the track. Wishing they had run this part of the program Saturday night. Hope they still run at 2:30.

Hossfan
    Hossfeld had fast time in time trials. Beers drew the poll followed by Matt Hirschmann, Hossfeld, Eric Rudolph, and Tony Hirschmann. Heat races now. Why? 36 cars showed up. Just start the rest based on time trials. All will start.

Where is #66 Pete Brittian starting? what about # 42 Tony Hanbury starting?

Hossfan
    Hanbury not racing. Brittain 7th

So let me understand this correctly, 36 modifieds showed for the 59th RoC??
    If this is true, and is it just me or does this look wrong somewhere, somehow....
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

My point being, the RoC was always a prestigious race. 36 entries is not that. I do hope he meant 36 EXTRA cars showed up today....then again he said, all will start.....sad....time to move it back this way and watch the modified field automatically grow to what it once was!!!
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

last roc was 1991

this is not the roc of old .this guy just took the name. and there is no rules,there may be but they dont care to inforce them

ROC Starting line up with names not sure of a few there doing updates on raceny

1. 45 Beers 2. 60 M. Hirschman
    3. 22 Hossfeld 4. 59 Rudolph
    5. 48 T. Hrschman 6. 8 Paules
    7. 66 Brittian 8. 93 Pennick
    9. 6 J. Leaty 10. M. leaty
    11. 34 R. Smith 12. 88 Puntey
    13. 47 Storie 14. 15 Wallober
    15. 77 Fidanza 16. 12 Mc Grath
    17. 44 Kluth 18. 36 T.C.
    19. 11 Farrell 20. 79 Civali
    21. 14 Reaume 22. 72 T.J. Pot.
    23. 71 J. Zac 24. 27 Walko
    25. 01 Tychoneiokz 26. 16 J.R. Kent
    27. 5 Ebersole 28. 3 Scherer
    29. 69 Cloce 30. 0 Geist
    31. 84 Smith 32. 1 Ridsdale
    33. 98 C, Zac 34. 7 R. Zac
    35. 10 Lewis
    Last edited by Modifiedthunder; 09-13-2009 at 08:14 PM.

only 36 cars have something to do with the only $300 to start a 200 lap race? tire bill alone would be almost $2000

#88 Billy Putney Wins

Final top 5 - 88, 8, 48, 36, 6

Race started at 6, was scheduled to start at 230. There was a rain delay, but was not a 3 1/2 hour rain delay. Show dragged along. Don't ask me for any highlights of the day.

modscene
    The highlights were it did eventually end and I got to hang out with Teddy. And there's always next year! Oh, and watching Bruce Putney finally win the RoC and with his son as the driver, no less. And watching Tony Hirschman finish third in his only race of the year AND admitting he wants to race more next year! Not bad after all, but can always be better. And knowing that a minor part failed on the DeLange #45, but until then we were untouchable. Not a bad weekend at all! And hanging out a bit with my only true idol, Dutch Hoag. How much better can it get? And I know I've left out a few things due to exhaustion.

Boy, for only two divisions, they sure knew how to drag a show out.
    They had a close to an hour between the end of the mod heats and street stock feature (most of it because of the modified drivers meeting - why didn't they have that during the rain delay?) and then over an hour gap after the street stock race (which had a half hour red flag on the first lap).
    Considering it was a Sunday, you'd think the track would be a little more on the ball.
    Had a good time, though. It was my first time there. Couldn't believe how much the boiler plate wall moved when those two street stocks wrecked on the first lap. Definitely a good thing otherwise they both would've been leaving in ambulances.
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

dyerphotos

"New Format"

not sure how many people were happy about the format change this year

i like the saturday all day format with the sunday being a day that is only needed if rain

having to stay sunday and leave the track after 8pm while only watching two features..........kinda stinks
    got home at 2am monday morning wtf?????

im not going to hate on everything....i love oswego speedway and i enjoy the racing there.
    i know people are always saying how the race of champs should be somewhere else.......but where?????

just wanted to share my thoughts

some photos on the way

Thread Information