Thread: Safety hub

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Safety hub

I was just going over the rules for Wall and found a reference to having a safety hub or a reinforced right front wheel. Could anyone tell me more about what that is? If you have such a thing on your car, I'd like to check it out at the next race at Grandview. I sure don't want to drive over there just to be sent home without getting to race.

I use a Bassett racing wheel. That makes it legal. They are in the area of $50 at a speed shop.

that's a simple fix...talk to Joe, Rick, or John Saccomandi either on thr forum or at the next race.... Sac-man has it on his car, he races with us at Wall.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Sac-Man

Post Safety Hub

I've attached a picture which should help. The race before last at Grandview John Sacks had a left rear wheel failure that sent him into a barrel roll in turns 3 and 4. The wheel stress cracks around the bolt pattern leaving the lug nuts and wheel center on the car but everything just outside the bolt pattern goes bye-bye. Only the parts in red are neccessary. I did some additional welding in green just in case there was any question. Hopefully you have some 1/8" flat steel that you can grind/cut into shape to fit the curved area and weld in place.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SafetyHub.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	2035  

thats a great way to re inforce wheels . i used to to do something similar. another thing i would do on my big car was use 1" lugs also. never had wheel s fail

How do the wagon wheels hold up with 1" lugs?

Thread Information