Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Safety hub

The insurance costs must be the biggest thing...

Insurance costs are high no matter where or what is racing...

But, NJ tracks should have a break in the costs, with the insurance companies knowing the stricter rules....theoretically, this is a sound arguement.

But, as usual, this sounds better on paper than it actually is in the real world.

Insurance for a single event can range from as low as $1,000 and as far upwards as $4,000... Either way, even a $1,000 bill is a large void to have to fill before the event even takes place.

Matt said it best, all NJ tracks are governed by State Law, so no matter which venue or what type of racing, you have to pass the same safety inspections based on class...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Question Shoulder belts

I was looking through the Wall rules again and found that they don't allow Y type shoulder belts. Does this apply to NEETS cars ? I have to get new belts any way but I don't want to make more work mounting them if I don't have to.

That one I don't know...I know it is minimum 4 point harness so I will let someone else answer that one....
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

i do believe that the belt rule does apply to neets cars as well
    Matt
    Neets official/ head flagger
    Driver/owner redneck racing enterprise #32
    www.RRE32.com
    www.redneckracingenterprise.bravehost.com

Sac-Man

Post Safety Belts

I don't know for certain about the Y belts. I do know that I brought new belts with me to the first wall race and they were not Y belts. They were universal as far as roll bar mount or bolt mount. The officials helping me mount them said I could not use the bolt mount. The belts needed to wrap around the roll bar twice. I have since welded bars in locations more convenient to wrap the belts.
    Poppop, nice job on the reinforced saftey hub. It looks great!
    Also remember you can NOT get into the pits in New Jersy wearing shorts. You must also have shoes with closed toe.

LOL...somehow I doubt anyone will be wearing shorts at the end of October, but you never know, we may have a fluke heat wave!! Although, the breeze from the shore when the sun goes down is quite chilly no matter what time of the year it is!
    Erin Cutri

oh...we have to remind Joe he can't wear a skirt that day now...thanks for reminding me of that Sac-Man!
    Erin Cutri

?????

I may be wrong here, but if you use a "racing" wheel, {bassett, areo ect} it doesn't have to be reinforced, since they are reinforced--- or say purpose built wheels....... if this is true, I recommend using them on your right front always !!!!!!!!! I know I do... and if your perticular lug pattern isn't available, contact Smileys race car parts, or CK race fab and they will build you them.....
    Maddawg

A racing wheel is the alternative as Maddawg stated it here...

As for Y Belts...I have not seen anything in the rules against it...although, I do recall hearing it somewhere, they are not acceptable....I will look into this one for you Poppop!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Y type shoulder belts are not legal in N.J. . Also the quick release type mounts, i,e.. using an eye bolt and hook w/safty catch.
    Dr. D

Thanks for the info Dr.D I'll get individual belts. Is there anything special about the way they want them mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
    Thanks for the info Dr.D I'll get individual belts. Is there anything special about the way they want them mounted?
    You can use the metal ends that come on the lap belt part of the harness and bolt them securely into the frame on each side of your seat. You cannot use the metal ends of the shoulder belts or use any type of bolts. They want the end of the shoulder belt wrapped around the cross bar that connects between your roll bar hoop and use the provided adjusters to secure the ends. Hopefully your cross bar is at the right height so the angle of the belts is close to your shoulder height. It would also depend on which type of seat you are using, the stock seat or racing seat with belt cut-outs.

If you are using the stock seat, the height of the cross bar is critical to make sure your shoulder belts are mounted at the right height. If this cross bar is too low, you risk spine injuries in a front crash, as the shoulder belts will pull you down into the seat during impact. Some guys have welded in an additional cross bar to get it at the correct horizontal height (I think Sac Man above did this). Your new belts should have come with a diagram showing the proper angle of the shoulder belt attachment. If I remember correctly, the shoulder belt height/angle should be 10 degrees above your shoulder height when sitting in your seat.

Unhappy Jersey Jest....................

In holding with the long standing racing safety rules and the financing thereof in the state of N. J. a toll booth will be installed at all start/finish lines to defray the cost of technical inspections...................
    The N. J. vehicle inspection centers are lobbying to not only test racecars for solid pollutants and emissions but to charge all drivers for air pulled into the carburetors by the cubic feet per minute.....................
    Stay tuned for further updates concerning the state with the fewest amount of race tracks in the free world.......................
    UNCLE PETEY.................

Sac-Man

Lightbulb Not Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    I may be wrong here, but if you use a "racing" wheel, {bassett, areo ect} it doesn't have to be reinforced, since they are reinforced--- or say purpose built wheels....... if this is true, I recommend using them on your right front always !!!!!!!!! I know I do... and if your perticular lug pattern isn't available, contact Smileys race car parts, or CK race fab and they will build you them.....
    Maddawg
    You are correct, racing wheels are what is recommended and encouraged. But it is hard to find them with enough backspace for front wheel drive cars. It is also more cost effective to reinforce the OEM wheel than to buy a relatively more expensive racing rim which could easily get bent and ruined in an enduro. No arguements on the cost of safety please. I also realize that with car counts currently (for the small cars) it is unlikely you will bend your new race rim.

Thread Information