Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wrong Way Is The Right Stuff At Tuesday Test For The TVMRS At Lime Rock Park

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    There are a bunch of photos from the test Here.

http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=1487
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

I know road course are verbotten in most modified circles, but I like the idea. It's unique, a little gimmiky maybe (I mean that in a good way) and get's people outta their comfort zone.

Haveing said that, a bunch of people used to circle tracks could = mayhem on a road course.

But I would check it out to see how it went. Plus Limerock is only 2.5 hrs from NJ.
    Pork Roll is very important to me. Please respect that.

2010 Touched Trio Top-5 Standings:
    Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

2010 WAS NOT the same for Axel...

new track

there is a road coarse in nj

New Jersey Road Course

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post

Wouldn't that be called "The New Jersey Turnpike!" Sorry Axel...LOL

Precision Powered:
    Inertia Hamster Dyno

The First Amendment.....
    The Right To Free Speech

Wouldn't that be called "The New Jersey Turnpike!" Sorry Axel...LOL
    yeah yeah yeah... what exit are you on?

yeah, but they are not practicing TVMRS cars on it! That's also 2.5 hours in "Sweet Home NJ."

Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

Most of that more resembles a parking lot than a race course,lol

I saw the video of the test on you tube and it was awesome to watch. I really hope that there is a modified race there next season. I would be so excited if there was. Great photos Howie

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    I know road course are verbotten in most modified circles, but I like the idea...
    Nay for me on the road course idea - it's been tried before, but love your use of "verboten"!
    The parking-lot gags from everyone are well deserved here in Jersey!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parken_verboten.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	2070  
    Last edited by ModTourMan; 09-30-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Russ B.

Russ, die Youtube-Verbindung kann hier gefunden werden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7iQkDqKpIs

Linda 1st 381 points
    Tbax 2nd 380 points
    Axel 3rd 327 points

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Russ, die Youtube-Verbindung kann hier gefunden werden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7iQkDqKpIs
    I'll admit that it looks gefunden but it's still a road course.

Russ B.

Here’s one from the Goldy archives:

It would appear Modifieds have been trying to go the other way at Lime Rock since the golden age, as evidenced by Ed Flemke Sr. in 1973.

I only have the clipping – so I don’t not have the story behind what I believe was a one time outing on the road course. If any mod historian types – member or lurker (you know who you are), perhaps someone close to this Lime Rock practice back in the day has any background to this picture, I’d love to hear it..

I'll link it since I can't seem to figure out how to embed the photo..

Old School Mod at LRP Photo
    Last edited by Goldy; 10-01-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Though I would never deny the modifieds a new race track, I only hope there's a good show somewhere else on the same day because I'd go elsewhere. I say no to the road course.

I couldn't agree more.

Modifieds are made to do 2 things go fast and turn left. Short-tracks and up to a mile in length are their specialty that produces close side by side racing. That is what modified racing is all about.

We don't need to "experiment" with LRP to find out "if" a modified race will be good on a road course. We only need to look back at the Watkins Glen races or the real old road course races in Daytona years ago to know that a modified racing on a road course is boring and NOT playing into the hand of what makes modifieds exciting to watch. I really have never seen an exciting road course race in any division(my opinion). Passing is done by out braking your opponent going into the turn. You get the inside groove and the guy on the outside has to back off or he will wreck because of the width and design of the track. Faster cars start on the pole and you have a runaway "race". You get 3 secs of excitment and its over until the next guy out-brakes someone else going into some other corner 5 mins later and its over in 3 secs again.

You have only up'd the expenses of the car owners and lowered the excitement for the fans of side by side racing on a shorttrack by going to a road course. There are enough shortracks around the eastern seaboard that need help would do well to race modifieds without going to road courses.

If LRP was located near where i live i would not be attending. The same as I don't attended BGS... because that track goes so far in the opposite direction that its not for modifieds either and I don't believe they put on a good show there. It's more of a WWE atmosphere that creates the so-called 15,000 fans excitement and I don't attend for that reason. I know I'm not in the majority on the BGS subject and I my not be in the majority for road courses but that is my opinion.

1/3 to 3/4 mile tracks with heats and consi's with shorter feature laps and no TV and you will be successful. The fans will pay to see it, big enough purse to draw in the drivers and it will take off. i.e. the Shootout. TV might be a short term fix for the tour... but TV is a double edge sword in the long run. The Cup/Busch/Trucks are living examples of that. You will never see heats/consi's and you will always be held to TV time standards and not what is best for the fans. And the rules will be written for TV racing and not a good old fashion 50 lapper on Saturday night between Cook and Evans.

And we all know it didn't get any better than that! So why is everyone looking in a different direction for success when its been drawn out in front of us for years?

Steve
    Southern Ground Pounders Vintage Racing Club

Men live by many different means......
    some live with the hammer down!

Steve

Thread Information