Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Seekonk

Seekonk

Wow! Stefanik and Jarvis put on quite a show. And I think that was Mike's first win ever at Seekonk.. Who would have thought that?

Who woulda thunk that a 100 lap Pro Stock race would take over an hour and a half?? Whatta bunch of hacks out there. The #96 that finished 5th was involved in 6 or 7 yellows.
    Good day of racing overall except for the Pro Stock nightmare.
    "A good racer is one whose head is in communication with his balls." - Richie Evans
    "There was only one place you'd find Cale Yarborough's name toward the back: The phone book." - Mike Joy

The 100 lap Pro Stock race in 2008 took close to three hours. Yes, 3 hours!

Sad-Sad-Sad

yes, but last year the Pro Stocks made it possible for me to see the mods at Stafford and then drive to Seekonk to see the mods race there too. So let's say something positive about them!

i think 4 how many yellows there were it was a good race/ mods race how dose it get better both jarvis and mike have 30 years experience 2 veterans going at it that was a great race
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

what does 2nd and last place have in common? they both didnt win

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    Wow! Stefanik and Jarvis put on quite a show. And I think that was Mike's first win ever at Seekonk.. Who would have thought that?
    I believe it was his first win on the True value series as well.

Rob,
    aka, Stefanikfan

Also impressive was that I heard Dwight Jarvis was not feeling well, and I know for a fact that Ryan Preece was sick also.. Can't imagine how 100 laps around Seekonk feels when you aren't feeling good.

yeah i dont think preece is feeling n e better, actually might be a little worse
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

word I've heard for decades is that the Pro Stocks were created to make Jack Arute's SK's look good.
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

Didn't Seekonk run SK mods back in the 80s?

No Seekonk ran real mods (Bugs Stevens home track) and Mini Mods (aka Pro-Fours)
    A friend is someone who believes in you when you've ceased to believe in yourself

I could have sworn they had sks, just maybe for one year.

Seekonk had invited them to the DAV in the late '90's or early 2000's, but only seven or eight showed up

they only had 7or 8 show up because they didnt annonce it till 3 weeks b 4 the show so no 1 was ready
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

We did run SKs in 83, but only for that one year. John and Ed St Angelo kicked everyones asses, so they dropped them. In 2000, they were invited, but there was some skepticism as far as the teching. They didn't trust the Seekonk tech officials. We hired Smiley Waterman for that show to tech the SKs. It wasn't a bad race. I remember Tucker Reynolds getting his carb ripped off by someone, causing a horrific looking flame ball to go through the cockpit. Teddy won the show. But because of the lack of support, they haven't been invited back.

Thread Information