Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seekonk weekend/ Slick Track

Longislandmodmaniac knowing you, you will probably go up there on Friday now and run that track all night to see what the track conditions are at night so you can adjust your driving style.

If not I bet you will be there two hours before hand taking lap times of all of the cars. Don't forget to youtube the event.

Quote Originally Posted by SUfan View Post
    Okay Here is the deal-
    There will be 5 races run for trophies in this "1st Annual Seekonk Grand Prix Event". The trophies are on order and will be on display the day of the race.
    The drivers race is scheduled for 7 PM. Track Owner Wayne Darling told me that he will have 12 cars ready to go. There will be a "Drivers Only plus LIMM" race, a "Crew Chiefs" race, a "Crew Members Race", a "Chrome Horn Members Only" race, and a "fans" race.
    Drivers so far signed up are: Ryan Preece, Dwight Jarvis, Jacob Dore, Joe Doucette and of course Long Island Mod Maniac. The remaining entries will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis on this board, and by TVMRS points after that until the field is full of willing participants.
    The other races are pretty much self-explanatory, but preference in these starting grids will go to those who sign up on this board. For more information you can email either LIMM or myself through this board, or look for the guy handing out AARN papers, which has the scoop on the Casella/Hirschman DQ from Twin-State.
    There will be a minimum of three judges from the crowd to determine an official winner. All decisions are final and are not subject to any post race tech or replays unless deemed necessary.
    Former Supermodified driver Mike Douglas Sr is the first to sign up for the "Crew Chief Race".
    Any photographers (are you there JED?) interested in taking victory lane photos. Any flagman interested in waving the white and checkered flags? The yellow and black flags cannont be used- can they LIMM?

Actually not in favor of the yellow flag, but if the black flag is needed I say use it!

Don't want this to turn into a wreck fest. Wanna see some good driving out there. Good double file start to the race. Do we need to have a drivers meeting?

Bobby1717 - looking for a sponsor.. Let me know if you are available.

The track does take on a different feel at night time.

spectators are encouraged to attend.

The one i fear the most is Jon Mckennedy. is he signed up yet??

If you want to be in the "Chrome Horn" members race please let me know soon, as there are only a few more openings for that race.
    "TrueValueFan" should I include you in the list? I have Mod 134, Bobby 1717, LIMM, and RaceVoice on the list, plus a few others who have emailed in entries. A photo of the winners trophies should be posted on Friday evening- if I can figure out how to post it on here.

SUFan, I saw Ryan Preece's name on the entry list for the Slick Track Open. Is he racing this weekend at Seekonk

Racevoice, I cannot attend this weekends race. If the cars came with car seats for three year olds then I would be in. I'm just supporting the longislandmodmaniac's madness.

Thanks though,

Maybe we can have live updates posted.

SUFan I should be there.
    Live updates? Is there the demand?

I am just joking. There is more talk about the slick track race on this board than the actual true value race.

I think Preece is in the 46 car at Seekonk

i hope 2 i having a little prob with getting a ride
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

what does 2nd and last place have in common? they both didnt win

Just got a call from Ryan Preece.. Guess he feels he needs to get a little track time so he has rented the track for 5 hours tomorrow night. Guess Ryan is getting a little nervous!

New signups include Crew Chiefs Mike Weld (TVMRS #28) and Shaun "Chowda" Leblanc (TVMRS 44), as well as SickLajoie in the Chrome Horn race.
    Great to hear JED should be there for a victory lane photo. I'll try to use my influence to get it in the next issue of AARN. This is bigger than Super Dirt Week anyway isn't it?
    Just got another two entries via cell phone for the drivers race. Sean Bodreau and Mike Douglas Jr are in the field. Looks like McKennedy might not get in the field LIMM. We're running out of available cars.
    The weather looks like clear skies and 60 degrees at racetime for the 1st Annual Seekonk Grand Prix night at the races!
    Does anyone know how to post a photo on here so I can get the trophies posted tomorrow?

I hear Speed TV is talking about showing live with a 3 minute delay

I just saw the Goodyear blimp go over my house, maybe they go wind of the race this weekend.

Do we have a name for this race yet?

Thread Information