Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thepill rollover

yeah all the ladies where fine , both 39 cars and 57 hooked up in the turn ,on a good note the 00 took 3rd woohoo go punchy , im also thinkin i should add a few more bars

I actually did not see the wreck either, but heard it from the pits...it was LOUD.

From what I have heard the two 39 (big and small car) were involved as well as the 57. The small 39 car t boned the 57 in the passenger side and pushed the whole side of the car in. The small car also started on fire as a result but quickly extinguished.

Tracy, driver of the 57 was alright. She seemed rather shaken up in the pits afterwards though. It was a really hard hit she took..and the amount of damage the small car did to the big car shows that.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

BD is going mandatory next year for full cages. I see why. WOW! I m glad all are ok in the ladies race.

Quote Originally Posted by punchy View Post
    Nate I took pictures of Joels car if you want I can get you copies or email them to you. Let me know! Wouldnt you think cages would be mandetory? Why arent they?
    That would be great...you can send them to Heffner128@comcast.net
    No rush, when ever you get a chance.

After my roll over earlier this season I wondered the same thing about why they are not mandatory. I have heard a few reasons why they aren't, not just in this series but enduros across the country, and I do not particularly agree with them (such as trying to keep racing cheap as possible).

There are a lot of cars out on the track without cages. Luckily for NEETS, the cars that have rolled so far at grandview have had cages in them. It's only a matter of time before the luck runs out for an un-caged car...and someone gets seriously hurt. I feel that mandatory cages should be considered in the near future.

That's just my opinion. With the amount of damage my car got from the roll, I don't think I would have been walking away under my own power WITHOUT the roll bar being in there. I will NEVER climb in another race car without a full cage.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

New Egypt even had a rollover my neighbor told me.No one got hurt. They had 30+ cars!

Riverhead has a regular division for roll over contest. They dont put cages in them because, 'It hurts to much'...so I've been told lol. I think some of these boys have hit their head too much. You wont catch me in that divions or a car with out a cage. You can have them installed for less then $500, weld your own for about $250 (kit) or bend and weld your own for less then $150. Its WELL worth it.

i agree with having a rollcage 100 %
    i rolled over at the pagoda last year and was glad i had roll bars in that car wont catch me without one

Your absolutly right! Materials are cheap. Can you put a price on saftey? S+W and other companies make bars pre bent for a lot of those cars on the track. Just put it in and weld it up.

Unhappy Joel Roll..............

Thank God your OK and that it didn't happen on your birthday.........................................
    UNCLE PETEY........................

I caught the tail of it. Whatever I have will be in the highlights tomorrow.
    Gary Silverman
    GSP Video

Video

I got the entire flip or should I say flips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GWl2XmE-G4

gutter7
    Roll cages are great but I still see belts not fastened right and guys wearing snow mobile helmets, so there is def. room for improvement.

W o w !!!!

That was crazy! I'm with the rest of the crowd here....I was watching the crowd of cars coming dow nthe front stretch and just caught the last part of the roll......

We are all very happy that Joel is alright....pending Punchy's checkup today!

We are having our rules meeting on November 21st....although we cannot invite every driver, this is one topic that will be on everyone's tongue! Roll cages, if not a minimum number of properly placed bars, will become mandatory.....the rules are lax right now for this department, luckily the few cars that have suffered the hardest hits/flips have had full cages....

Now this goes for everyone.........Joel gets the gold prize here......no one try to top that! 3.5 times up and over is enough!

The history of the roll:
    First there was Jack Zeilsdorf, starting things off slowly with a nice 1/2 roll, smoothly landing it on the side of the car...

Second, we have Nate Heffner, with a nasty little double flip in the small car race...

Third was Jon Sacks in the 412 Big Car with a roll very similar to Joel's roll when his wheel came off...

And now, FINALLY - NO MORE, Joel's roll with 3.5 and mostly in the air barrel roll!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Also, from watching the clip here.......

The cage is not only the main factor here...I actually don't remember if Joel runs a fuel cell or not, but this video brings up another good point.

We are finding a lot of 'thrown together' fuel cells. They are not leaking, but there are either remants of gas that was spilled or a loose connection somewhere along the lines. IF you are running a cell, please make sure if is installed properly. You cannot duct tape the lines to prevent them from pulling out or leaking, they have to be done right. Joel's trunk took a nasty beating in this flip, if he had a cell that was improperly installed, this could have turned into a fireball flip.......
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Nate if you want better pictures you can probably swing by and get pics at the garage. The car is sitting outside. From what I saw the cage bent down slightly on the front door area. Not bad though.

I do run a racing fuel cell. It is bracketed in and welded down real good. I'll have to check to see how that held up.

Awesome footage spectator. Send that to spike TV, LOL.

As for me, a little sore this morning but not as bad as I expected.
    "Taken To School"

Thread Information