Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: thepill rollover

Joe........ Joel has beat me to his update.........well he says he feels ok I guess, I watched the flip on the you tube clip. I missed the original flip due to walking back to the pits! Only saw him climbing out of the car. I feel bad for all those who were right behind him to watch all that and have to sit and wait and not be able to help. Good thing you guess know what the break is when you need to use it!

Speaking of cars right behind him....

I think those drivers did a great job stopping immediately and blocking Joel from the rest of the traffic as well!

Even after a car flips, sometimes drivers will position themselves around the car so when the green drops, there is nothing in front of them... Tim Pauch, Jack Zeilsdorf and Critter stopped without going around Joel. This was exceptionally good since his roof was facing traffic! If they went around and someone else who didn't see the flip was still racing, they could have plowed right into the top of his car.....good job EVERYONE!

Extra round of applause to all the drivers who stopped quick for this Red Flag....being I am not the fastest to get the lights on and wave the red....you all did a great job!
    Last edited by CJfilms; 10-26-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: just realized Jack was in there too!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

flipping

i have flipped with a 4 point rollcage and full cage. i really feel better with full. my two cents is you must run at least a 4 point cage. just fit a roll bar from the back of a truck that is what my old car had in it when i flip my enduro car. it it up to each driver who races to think about themself. but i think the promoter should also think about the people who race for them. we all are glad the pill is ok and all drivers that flip here this year. but what would have happen if he did not have anything. that's me thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by tbirdracer View Post
    but what would have happen if he did not have anything.
    Ask Jon Sacks....he did not have a full cage, his roof caved in when he landed upside down....luckily though he did not have a 5-pt harness, therefore he was able to slide himself down to avoid any seious injury.

I am going to start a thread about this topic as well.....

glad to hear to here your ok joel , dont ever do that in front of me again ,or ill kick your a lol , i was feelin pretty bad to u got out , ill bring u some mt dew when i come get my car lol

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post

Now this goes for everyone.........Joel gets the gold prize here......no one try to top that! 3.5 times up and over is enough!
    I gotta be honest...I'm a little jealous that Joel did better than me...

What the heck is wrong with me lol

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post
    And now, FINALLY - NO MORE, Joel's roll with 3.5 and mostly in the air barrel roll!
    So would I be breaking a rule if I went for a 360 spin into a front flip followed by a double cart-wheel and land on all 4 wheels?
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Yes you would, but "Enough is Enough" (inside joke)...Needless to say I think this will get a special mention at the banquet LOL
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

technically Joel won the combination part, 3 or 4 rolls compared to my two...but everyone knows that the routine is only half the score...the landing is the rest. I landed on all 4 wheels...Joel fell a little short
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Ok....ok.....so we have to subtract .75 from his roll due to techniqhue....he still has three rolls, two of which were mid-air!

I guess my 1/4 roll started the season!! So hopfully Joels will be the last one for the year, in that case, forever!

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    So hopfully Joels will be the last one for the year, in that case, forever!
    I second that!!!

Nate, you may have landed on your wheels but how hard is it to keep a heavy car from rolling back onto its wheel....
    "Taken To School"

Quote Originally Posted by ThePill View Post
    Nate, you may have landed on your wheels but how hard is it to keep a heavy car from rolling back onto its wheel....
    Very true...I'm not going to win here am I?

Nate
    #128 (small car)

Let's just say you are the small car roll over champion!
    "Taken To School"

You just had to make post #44 didn't you Joel?

Thread Information