Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mutha

The Mutha

Im curious on the price to enter "The Mutha" enduro race in november. I understand its a double points and a double payout night which I guess brings the price up, but 50 bucks? We have all noticed that the majority of the top 5 is generally the same people...it just seems its catering to those guys...not intentionally of course. do more racers receive a payout? But 130 dollars to race is, in my opinion, not worth it. 130 dollars is by no means anywhere close as to what we dish out on a saturday night in the modifieds, but...Im curious as to what others think of this. I for one will not be at this event, i just would like to hear other drivers opinions. I also hope there is a great turn out for this event, i think the price might hurt the turnout a little. again, this is just my opinion and i mean absolutely no harm to anyone. I would just like to hear other drivers opinions.

hmmmm well heres my two cents , i dont mind payin the neets stuff , but i dont think drivers should have to pay 30 bucks to get in the pits , that just makes me a little angry , hopin one day to collect some of that prize money maybe the mutha could be the one who knows , but its worth the price i think plus its the last one of the yr just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Danger83Ranger View Post
    Im curious on the price to enter "The Mutha" enduro race in november. I understand its a double points and a double payout night which I guess brings the price up, but 50 bucks? We have all noticed that the majority of the top 5 is generally the same people....
    I dont think the price is going to turn people away. NEETS always ran a $100 to enter Mutha race and always had a good turn out. 86 cars I beleive the first year at Mountain. I do agree on maybe spreading the welth down the running order a little bit more. Maybe still have the winner taking home "double" but spreading the rest down to maybe 10th place if we get more then let say 45 cars. That way even if you dont have the fastest car and you can finish all the laps and end up in the top 10 you can still get a payout.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

not going to turn me away either.

Nate
    #128 (small car)

The more cars that enter the more people get paid. I believe it takes 50 cars to do a top 10 payout.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Turning it into a mutha.....

The typical structure in the past was $100 entry, with a custom purse that mainly catered to one the winner and two top ten.

I can formulate a new purse structure for this race.....it is a lot easier just to double what we are paying out now, but I will listen to you guys and see what I can come up with, ok?
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

i didnt know it was an annual race/fee event. but I did notice a lot of people complaining in the stands as i was walking back to the pits that the #5 was winning too much. hes good, he was flying out there again. he went a lap down early and fought his way back up to the lead to win. made it very exciting. i dont think the extra payout is a bad idea, but it would be nice to extend it. im on critters side with the pit admission price too. if im correct, the $30 goes to grandview right? if thats so, they are makin a killing. 3 people per team, lets say 65 cars, 195 X $30=$5850 (i like multiplication) lol. $7 at the gate X 75-100 people, $525-$700 plus whatever % they get from the snack bars. I NEED TO OWN A RACE TRACK! lol.

but i dont think the double payout is a bad idea, as i said above. i just think the money should be less for the top 5 and slightly distributed more through the top 15 or so. even if its 10 or 20 bucks through 8th-15th. i just think that would attract more people, they have something to look forward to other than a wrecked car. it kind of evens things out slightly. of course this is just my opinion, i am only one person. just something to consider for next season if people agree.

i also like what endurofromde said, very good point, "That way even if you dont have the fastest car and you can finish all the laps and end up in the top 10 you can still get a payout."

that is the exact purpose of an enduro. to last as long as possible enduring different obstacles. a lot of us consider ourselves lucky to last the whole race. sometimes we last and finish 15th or so and have nothing to show for it.
    Last edited by Danger83Ranger; 10-26-2009 at 08:37 AM.

I see where the track has to pay there employees and that insurance bill just to open the doors. That $30 a person may cover that day. SOOO may liabilities in a busness.( C.Y.A.) I dont mind paying to get in otherwise.

fuglygswracing

Need More Cars 1st

just a couple of things of note. you can't payout top 15 if you only got 30 cars. for that idea to really develop your gonna need more then 30 cars. One thing I have always liked about NEETS is that they are fair with there payouts, and generally always payout higher then any other comparable enduro series; especially when you compare to mountain (sundance) or big diamond. The pay structure they have now is fine the way it is, and is most importantly fair. You can't payout 15 cars when you only get 30 cars there, it just wouldn't make much sense. On top of that, those top 5 cars are top 5 for a reason, they keep there noses clean (most of the time) and took the advice of the track owner (I think that's who it was) and told everyone to wait 12-15 laps before you put it into high gear and take your time. Enduros are not about top speed, but "ENDURING". If we start getting 60-70 cars, maybe we can talk about paying out those top 15's, but until we get those car counts, like the old days to become higher, Joe and Co. are doing a great job the way they are.

Thank you, Dave. You took the words out of my mouth!!
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Quote Originally Posted by fuglygswracing View Post
    wait 12-15 laps before you put it into high gear and take your time.
    awww but it's funny to see cars that lapped me already on lap 3 crashed into the wall or infield on lap 8
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Quote Originally Posted by fuglygswracing View Post
    just a couple of things of note. you can't payout top 15 if you only got 30 cars. for that idea to really develop your gonna need more then 30 cars. One thing I have always liked about NEETS is that they are fair with there payouts, and generally always payout higher then any other comparable enduro series; especially when you compare to mountain (sundance) or big diamond. The pay structure they have now is fine the way it is, and is most importantly fair. You can't payout 15 cars when you only get 30 cars there, it just wouldn't make much sense. On top of that, those top 5 cars are top 5 for a reason, they keep there noses clean (most of the time) and took the advice of the track owner (I think that's who it was) and told everyone to wait 12-15 laps before you put it into high gear and take your time. Enduros are not about top speed, but "ENDURING". If we start getting 60-70 cars, maybe we can talk about paying out those top 15's, but until we get those car counts, like the old days to become higher, Joe and Co. are doing a great job the way they are.

yes they are in the top 5 always for a reason, thats not the point. yes there good and they know what there doing and thats great, but whats the payout for a winner usually? around 500 when we get 32 cars i think? thats more than the roadrunners get to win, sportsman modifieds barely get that much, same with the late models.

i agre with jack i dont mind paying a pit fee but i dont think its rite that when we get there after a sat, nite race and the sign says $25 but then they change it to $30 for us i will still pay it because i want to race but it dont seem fair to us just my opinion

I guess I should look at the bright side, it cost much much much less to build one of these cars and we still race for a decent chunk of change. If we were to be racing late models for close to the same payout, we would be spending 30+ thousand for a car and motor. Great racing class neets is. Do you know how many neets cars I could build with 30 grand! that would be awesome!

Pit Fee

The weekly $25 is for people who have a Nascar license which is $80 (I think).

Good luck to everyone on the 14th!
    Shon Elk
    Elk Motorsports #10X
    www.elkmotorsports.com

Thread Information