Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Mutha

ive been in some sort of racing for 16 years, motor makes a huuuuuge difference lol. ya get what ya pay for in a motor, thats what ive always said. maybe not so much in enduro racing, but when i bought the ranger, my intentions were to get back on the track in some sort of racing even though i knew the little 100hp motor wouldnt contend, especially with rear wheel drive and traction issues compared to the front wheel drive cars. i figured if i could last the whole race, i can get good finishes. that has proven a fact to a certain extent. but its the combination of staying clean and having the power to put the vehicle where you want, when you want. something the ranger doesnt have. but we are finally doing what we expected with it, finishing races. and a 15th place finish last week is decent.

my first time out there, i was so excited to finally be back on the track, that i put the pedal to the floor when the green fell, and i wasnt expecting the track to be that wet. felt like i was riding one of my 4 wheelers on a frozen pond, except with over 3000 pounds under my (_|_) instead of 400. quite the experience for a first time enduro racer. i loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrick120 View Post
    Same with mirror driving(should not be allowed in enduros) but they are so fine.
    recently I have been using mine to get out of other cars way
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

I have to agree with you Nate. When I feel sombody tapping on my back side I look to see which side the're on and give them room on that side if I can. If theres two of em I just try to hold my line till they decide which side. Of course I mess up some times and move the wrong way and It's not because I'm trying to block them, I'm just not psychic.

lol thats true. they do give you an advantage, but it also can be a safety factor. Chopping down on someone coming into a corner could turn yourself sideways, up the hump at the bottom of the track and barrel rolling into the corner. Happens a lot in racing due to not being able to see whats around you.

Im just wondering how the Dash-4-Cash race is going to be run. Before all the races or after all races are done for the day. Is the track going to be watered down or left the way it is after the big cars race? If the drivers pay the $25 and cant run due to damage or whatever reason do they get their money back?
    I think the drivers should vote on when they run. If the race is before all the races then most likly all 10 car would be able to start. and after 10 laps they shouldnt mess their equiptment up that much. If the race is after the 4, 6/8 then some of the drivers might not make the call. Maybe have a meeting with the drivers at the begining of the day on the 14th.
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 11-01-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

well if the guys that r makin it in the dash for cash , if they cant make it do they get to pick a replecement driver ?? id be game , just my two cents
    Last edited by critter; 11-01-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Wink Dashing for the Cash................

The dash is usually run after the MUTHA..............
    Maybe Joe and Erin will let the next guy in the point standing run if someone in the top 10 can't make it........................
    The dash is OK, kinda like a F/S feature and it doesn't matter where you start because usually the fastest cars are in the rear.....................
    Its gonna be the last race of the season for alotta guys so it should be exciting.........................
    Just hope they don't water the track down for that one.....................
    UNCLE PETEY.........................

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Just hope they don't water the track down for that one.....................
    I was thinking just the opposite...I seem to do better on a wet track...not soaked but wet...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Unhappy Slippery Slide.............

Sorry Steve, but driving my junk in that slop is like trying to drive a 4000lb. wet bar of soap across across a hockey rink......................
    UNCLE PETEY................

I don't have to worry about any of that stuff, I just broke into the top 30.

You should get a rope for that soap Petey!

Wink Rope a Dope................

Thanks for the rope, Jack.........................
    Now, I'm water skiing on a banked track..................
    UNCLE PETEY...............

Thread Information