Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Mutha

$90 for Nascar License. After the half way point of the season, you can get into the pits without a nascar license by paying an extra $5 on top of the $25 pit entry.

Doug132
    I want to start out by saying that I have had a great first season and have had a lot of fun racing with everybody. I think the races have become much cleaner as the season has progressed and a lot more fun as I continue to learn how this all works and get to know more people.

I also want to say that I agree with what Danger had to say in his first comment of this thread. I am starting to feel like we are just making a donation to one of 4 or 5 people. I know there is a lot to be said for staying clean and being there at the end but when you see one guy holding his 350ci motor flat on the floor going down the back stretch and someone passes him like he is standing still with their 350ci motor you know something is not right. It sounds like you are getting passed by an nascar modified when certain people go by! We all know that our officials are aware of this because of the threats to tear down motors at the last drivers meeting. Just a shame that we are waiting until the last race to do so.

My feeling is this... Is a top five attainable to your average "stock" car here, yes. Is a win attainable to your average "stock" car, no. Not unless something bad happens of all of those normal top 5 cars. Bottom line is those motors have been apart and have had some serious work done to them and that is not what this class of racing is suposed to be about.

I love this series (as do my team mates) and the people who run it are second to none. We will be back in force next year for another great seasonof racing! I just wanted to share my thoughts on this subject. Certainly not directed at anyone person and not ment to offened anybody.

Dont forget we can run almost any tire, not like street stocks etc, they have to run whatever the track wants. That isnt cheap when one gets a flat. I get junk tires from work. Free is for me!

i better get the fast and furiuos stuff out of my car b4 the next race lol just tryin to put some humor on this , my car is bone stock and its just fine for me ,see ya on the track

I heard that turbo wastegate blowin off as i passed you!

I don't know. I thought I might have heard a zoom zoom ZOOM.
    "Taken To School"

Doug132
    Critter, Mcstockcar... I do appreciate the humor and I know what you are saying about tires. I really didn't want that to sound harsh. I do know that this thread got extremely quiet after I posted that... I also know that no one has said that I am wrong yet either...

Hello fellow drivers and fans. I have been involved in racing for over thirty years. I raced in the Nazareth Enduros in the mid 80's and a few enduros in California and Mahoning. The last few years I have been hanging out in the enduro pits and learning what it would take to be a better enduro driver. I have watched many drivers and their styles of driving. That has helped me tremendously.
    I bought a car that was raced in the Mahoning NEETS enduros a few years ago. The car today is as stock as it was raced back then. The only changes to it were in the safety department (new cage, belts, fuel cell, etc.). As far as the motor. The motor in the beginning of the season was a 305 that I bought on ebay for $100. The motor had 88,000 miles on it, but the the fan belts came off and blew that motor in the first race. This was the same motor I won with last October at Grandview and had two top five finishes at Big Diamond. I then put a bone stock GM 350 in, and won with that earlier this season. That is a legal motor and when teched it had 16.5" of vac. I removed the motor and later found a bad “made in china” carb gasket was the culprit for that. The last two races I installed a bone stock 305 (purchased for $250). The only thing done was new head gaskets (hate those thin tin gaskets) and an oil pan gasket. WOW! You should have seen the crap in the pan. This motor has over 160,000 miles on it and runs good. The engine was vacuumed at 18.5” on Oct 11th. I did not touch the motor, except to check the oil level, and this last race it vacuumed at 17” on the nose with the same tech equipment. I am baffled on how that happened. Everything done to my engines is straight out of a Chilton manual. Nothing special.
    One of the key ingredients to enduro racing is maintenance. Because dirt is not friendly. I tear the front end completely apart and rebuild every three races, repack the bearings and replace the air filter after every race also I change the oil every other race. I crawl all over the car every week looking for things out of place. Anal? Maybe but my car survives.
    My car is open for anyone to see at the track. I have nothing to hide. Heck I don’t even know how to set a car up for dirt (honestly). I just race hard.

See you at the races.

Duane Eidem
    ww.eidemmotorsports.com
    "Power of One"

Wink "sperience"..............

No offense Doug but the guys running up front have alotta seat time and have won a ton of races......................
    I agree with you to some extent, probably a few indiscretions going on out there but they'll get caught sooner or later..................
    After you do this for a couple of years and pay your dues you'll be racing up front with the same guys your calling the "top five".................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

Hey no harm here. I hope to race with you all next year! I see what your sayin bout the "flyin by you like your standin still." I dont have $300 into my motor, its totally stock, and i feel you get what you pay for. As a first year rookie, Im playing by the rules(and I plan to keep on) Ive built many motors(as large as 598 cu in) But to build one with a vacuum rule is tough. A lot of factors lead up to how an engine with the rite combo works and staying with the confines of the rules- i.e. vacuum. Im that guy with the pedal to the floor being passed....but not next year! Ive learned alot from my first year racing here, from others and thru "just do and learn".It isnt how fast you are, its how well you drive also. Every time I race here I learn more things each time. Take this from a drag racer!

Talk about some history.....

Let's look into a few of the top drivers!

First off, both Uncle Petey and Howie Bott...their enduro records with NEETS alone is quite impressive.....neither one of them has ever missed a NEETS enduro race in 7 years! Not to mention their racing in factory stock divisions in PA, NJ and NY.

Shawn Naftzinger, Chris Reichert and Chuck Detweiler to name a few are Big Diamond natives who were born and raised on dirt racing...it is in their blood and it shows! They can set their cars up to run well on at a new track and learn the groove quickly. Running against these guys is not like running against your average enduro drivers.

Duane Ediem has already spoke of his record....

Finally, since I'm not going to single out each and every driver here, Tim Pauch. Tim has been racing enduros for YEARS! Not only racing the enduros for years....he has been racing the same car for 14 years now. To anyone who says you can't make a car last long in this form of racing needs to watch Tim in action. He stays out of trouble, keeps his nose clean and runs legal. The two decades worth of experience and 14 years behind the same wheel affords him a level of knowledge of both the racing itself and the vehicle that puts him on his own level.

Looking back at some of the drivers this season proves that improvements can be made in a short period of time and so long as you are willing to stick with it, you will get better over time. Without trying to provoke him to post EVEN MORE, take a look at Critter....

Critter went from running less than 20 laps a race to finishing both of the last two races and even scoring a top ten finish! It takes time, but enduring the enduros will eventually pay off! There are some drivers who get a beginner's luck finish in the top ten their first time out there, then there are some who do their homework and earn that finish their first time out there....either way, it takes time and patience....

To anyone who is trying to rush a win or a top 5....there is no way to rush this in racing.....as odd as that sounds. If you are trying that hard, you will probably cause your own downfall.....this is especially true for the enduros......you need to have patience and endure!

I'm glad to see how everyone has prgressed throughout this season....at the beginning of the year, 30+ cars started and less than 10 finished....now, we have almost 40 cars start and over half still running at the end! That is a HUGE improvement!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

i have to say that if your car is set up right you can run alot faster. jack has gotten fast as this year went along. critter has ran very consistent the last few races. he may not be the fastest but running at the end. timmy is smooth as silk and drive what the track and traffic gives him. petey and tim and myself have put tons of seat time in. you will get there if you ask people for help and follow those who are better to see how they do it. thats my 3 cents today.

thx guys , im really havin fun with this car i have , i know its not the fastest but it holds up i will be back next yr ,might even have a 4 cyl car too , i also learned alot from walkin and talkin in the pits thx everone , next yr look out lol
    Last edited by critter; 10-27-2009 at 10:46 PM.

So being an outspoken people person you have learned from others? Thats the way to do it, ask questions if you need an answer. Many have improved over the season and with luck have taken the checkered. Others as my brother did well became consistant then stepped in a big pile of S***!

steep learning curve

i raced at lapdance from 05 to 09 started my first enduro at 17 and had 21 sec lap time car now its a 18.8 sec car thats 4 tenths off of joe jentile and ive been thru 3 cars and 6 motors in that time but ive learned so much and btw im going to be putting a motor back in redneck rocket III and hopeing to run the full season at grandview next year
    Aaron"The Thriller"Miller
    redneck rocket racing #78 chevy caprice

Thread Information