Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nov 1st show has been cancelled

Exclamation Nov 1st show has been cancelled

Due to scheduling conflicts the Wall show on 11/1 has been cancelled.

After the rainout at Wall on Saturday we were given an alternate date of November 1st. In the best interest of our series and other Enduro series we feel the best thing to do is to cancel at this point as we do not wish to compete with or force people to choose between racing at Wall or the championship Enduro at Sundance Vacation Speedway.

Our "Run what you brung" race is still scheduled for the Sunday after the Turkey Durby on 11/29. We apologize for any inconveniences however we feel this is the best solution seeing the conflicts at hand. Hope to see you all in November whether at Grandview on 11/14 or at Wall on 11/29. If you have any questions regarding this new information please contact either myself or Joe at 267-767-4923.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Erin C; 10-26-2009 at 04:26 PM.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Thank you
    Official Mountain Speedway PR/Webmaster/Announcer
    www.mountainspeedway.com

VARacer22
    What about us drivers getting a last chance to run for a championship? I understand your decision but at the same time we should at least get one last race to determine points. It shouldn't be decided without a championship race. I know we don't get the car counts that Grandview does but at same time we should be given a chance to finish out our series right and not with a "run what ya brung" race. The factory stock points have been decided at Wall so you would probably get a good big car turnout. Just because less then a handful of guys are running for points at Mountain...why does that have to affect us racing at Wall? Combine the Sunday Series Turkey derby with NEETS on Sunday and you will get a good turn out.

The Wall series was originally slated as a mini series as we originally had 3 dates. The last 2 races were an unexpected bonus. It is not fair for us to have our dedicated drivers to choose between Wall and SVS in points. Here's an example, John Saccomandi is the leader in the 4cyl points at SVS who had this date slated since the beginning of the year, should he lose our points to defend his title at SVS? Also, the race at SVS is a pre-paid race. There are people who are committed to running because they have already paid their entrance fee and the payout for their championship race is much more appealing than what ours would be for that event.

If you call Joe personally he will be glad to talk to you about the many factors that went into this decision made he would be glad to explain things. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences but like I said, this was originally a 3 race mini series and due to conflicting events and other factors this was the best decision. The car counts would suffer dramatically and it would be completely unfair to a lot of people.

The best thing to do instead of venting frustrations on the board about a decision that was made in the best interest of the series you should really listen to what all went into this decision...
    Last edited by Erin C; 10-26-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Erin Cutri

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Thank you
    Not a problem, Geno.
    Erin Cutri

VARacer22
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin C View Post

The best thing to do instead of venting frustrations on the board about a decision that was made in the best interest of the series you should really listen to what all went into this decision...
    Not venting any frustrations....just looking for clarification that is all. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering why the race can't be rescheduled. Why can't the race be on the 8th then?

November 8th, NEETS officials and drivers will be attending a charity benefit at the East Greenville Walmart.
    November 14th, NEETS MUTHA of All Enduros Championship Race.

The original agreement between NEETS and Wall Stadium was that our asphalt events would not conflict with our dirt events....to push this race off even further would do just that. Jim and I will work out the details for the Turkey Derby race...

I understand how you feel about running for a Championship, but in actuality, if the car counts were not higher than before...the division was going to be cut from the day anyways...therefore, the opportunity to get a better position in the points was out of the question.

The Run What Ya Brung race will be a NON-POINTS race... In the end, the current standings will become the final standings. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this is how it has to be this season being a "mini-series".

Those who will be honored at the Annual Awards Banquet will be as follows (based on car counts per division):
    Big Cars - Top 5
    Richard Petey
    Rob Longo
    Elliot Wohl
    Howie Bott
    Chris Felber

Small Cars - Top 3
    Dave Bentley Jr.
    John Saccomandi
    Melissa Simms

TRUX - 1st Place
    Jeff Gregor

Congratulations to the above mentioned drivers for completing the Wall Stadium NEETS Mini-Enduro-Series...and thank you to all the drivers who supported the series during the 2009 Mini-Enduro-Series!

These drivers are invited to attend the Annual Awards Banquet and will all receive trophies for their efforts! (Must be present to receive awards.)

Thank you all and we are looking forward to another great season of racing at Wall Stadium!

....remember, the Run Waht Ya Brung is scheduled for November 29th!!!
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

??? I just read on SounthJerseyDirtRacing.com That there is a NEETS race at Wall on Novemeber 8th? Is this correct. I thought there was a charity benefit that day. Look at the bottom of this page this was posted at 9:22 this morning???

http://walltownship.southjerseydirtr...d=25110&page=1
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

....typo.....I thought the same thing..... You did what I did....it actually reads "this Sunday, November 8th"

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post

....remember, the Run Waht Ya Brung is scheduled for November 29th!!!
    Also, Sunday, Nov. 29th is a rain date for the Turkey Derby Friday/Saturday events so you might want to consider a Plan "B" so we don't go through the confusion we went through this past weekend.......

Plan B = Joe finishes the balding process......

Joe. I just want to understand the "Run What You Brung" race. If I have a regular NEETs legal car I would stand no chance in the race. What is legal and what is not legal for it. I'm sorry you had to cancel this upcoming Sundays race, we were planning to run it. Oh well LOL.

17Racer
    it can be any full fendered stock bodied car. no motor rule, no weight rule, no suspension rule. the only rule is that you must be on a DOT tire. and pass New Jersey safety tech.

Well at least I dont have to rush to get the car done by Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by 17Racer View Post
    it can be any full fendered stock bodied car. no motor rule, no weight rule, no suspension rule. the only rule is that you must be on a DOT tire. and pass New Jersey safety tech.
    So, does that mean any street stock or late model is eligible????

Thread Information