Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Modified at North Wilkesboro?

Tinkfan

A Modified at North Wilkesboro?

I saw a post on another messageboard about a modified testing at North Wilkesboro this week. I don't know how significant it is, but figured some folks on the horn may be interested.

wonder if there will be a race there next year

What board was it Tink?

Tinkfan
    Yeah, it was on RaceRap. I can't help but have a little hope about N. Wilkes when someone tests there. I absolutely loved to go there for the September triple headers back in the day.

A later post says it was Susan Harwell, a part time Stadium and ASA competitor. She was more than likely doing it just to do it.

Howie is offline Veteran of Racing Photography
    I just read that USAR Pro Cup has scheduled a race at North Wilkesboro for Oct 3, 2010. The story on their web-site is HERE
    Howie Hodge
    TheChromeHorn.com - Special Contributor
    www.thechromehorn.com |

RacerHub Network
    www.longislandjam.com | www.poconothunder.net | www.thechromehorn.com

BOBBY D

Reply to thread

That is great news.now lets bring on the modifieds.
    Lets go racing .boys.howie thank you.

Tinkfan

Very cool, a North South combo race would be great.

c&c

c&c racing is all over it ,i bet

mends
    what i heard yesterday is that the track has signed contracts with 3 nascar touring series events next year

don't know but??

camping world east
    whelen mod

??

maybe trucks... i haven't seen their schedule yet

corey17
    Quote Originally Posted by mends View Post
    what i heard yesterday is that the track has signed contracts with 3 nascar touring series events next year

don't know but??

camping world east
    whelen mod

??

maybe trucks... i haven't seen their schedule yet
    You saw that on WXII, and they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. USAR and the ASA Late-Model series have already signed on for sure, and they have said that any of the "Big 3" of NASCAR will not be coming there. I imagine the mods will be there, but don't believe they have signed up yet. PASS is the third series, just found out, they are getting the date worked out now and it will be annouced later in the week.
    Last edited by corey17; 11-11-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Tinkfan
    I would love to see a LMSC/Modified combo race like Martinsville used to have with the Dogwood and Cardinal 500 races. Wilkesboro has the infield capacity to hold 100 LMSC and 70 Modifieds, unlike Martinsville.

I would not mind seeing the September triple header come back, too. Those six cylinder/modified/lmsc races at NWS were great back in the day.

mends
    Quote Originally Posted by corey17 View Post
    You saw that on WXII, and they don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. USAR and the ASA Late-Model series have already signed on for sure, and they have said that any of the "Big 3" of NASCAR will not be coming there. I imagine the mods will be there, but don't believe they have signed up yet. PASS is the third series, just found out, they are getting the date worked out now and it will be annouced later in the week.

that is where i heard it corey... and agree that they are not in the loop...

right turns for the south

are the south cars going to a road coarse in 2010

Thread Information