Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nwsmt 2010

Tinkfan

Nwsmt 2010

I know there have been a lot of questions about the Southern Tour for next season. South Boston has a race scheduled in conjunction with the Camping World East Series on April 3rd, if that means anything?

TJ1976
    That actually does mean alot...Hopefully the powers that be at NASCAR will give the Southern Tour a little more incentive to get better car counts for next year. BTW...has next years schedule been released yet?

i think most of the touring schedules are released at the banquet

corey17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan View Post
    I know there have been a lot of questions about the Southern Tour for next season. South Boston has a race scheduled in conjunction with the Camping World East Series on April 3rd, if that means anything?
    It means they will have 14 cars there and it will be painful to watch, as was the event there this year. I really can't beleive this thing has enough legs going into 2010 to run, there are some big-dogs that won't be back, for obvious reasons.

I believe that's Easter weekend. Nothing else will probably be scheduled up north, so maybe a few teams will venture south to get in some racing action.

Unless you see drastic changes to the Southern Tour, expect the car count to get worse for full-time drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hawks View Post
    Unless you see drastic changes to the Southern Tour, expect the car count to get worse for full-time drivers.

Well with 12 cars finishing the tour this year and less full time drivers next year what does that leave?? The pace car?

Better order a set of nerf bars for it...

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    I believe that's Easter weekend. Nothing else will probably be scheduled up north, so maybe a few teams will venture south to get in some racing action.
    When did Easter weekend ever stop racing. I remember spending more than one or two Easter Sundays at the Good Old New London - Waterford Speedbowl.

But seems to me that in past years. Teddy, Rudolph, Tomaino, etc went down to a few races to get in some track time before the season up north got under way.

Well its good to see at least one entity promoting the tour.............

bgs

no comb at martville, because the stadium is running then

corey17
    Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    Good ole Bruton, he surely does love the Modifieds. Good for him, and Thanks!
    Bruton can get bent, he could care less about racing, money is the only thing that man is interested in. The day he leaves this earth is the day that racing may be able to get back where it needs to be.

Only Bruton would sue the County where his race track is located (Lowes/Charlotte) for 40 million dollars right in the middle of the worst economy seen in decades and thousands of people everywhere are jobless.

For once, he didn't read the fine print when he held Cabarrus County hostage by threatening to level the Charlotte Speedway and build a new one somewhere else unless he got his way on the IMAX Dragway. They did agree to pay him 40 millions dollars for "infrastructure" but the fine print did not specify how long the county could take to pay it, in other words, they have around 40 or 50 years to decide how and when they will pay him, and he is hopping mad about it. He wants it now.

Thread Information