Thread: 2door or 4 door

Question 2door or 4 door

I'm looking for a Cavalier for next year and found a four door that I can get pretty cheap. Does anybody have an opinion one way or the other?

It's easier to get in the back seat with a 4 door.

i have raced both 2 doors and 4 doors i see no difference in either the 4 door might be easier to find parts for good luck with your new car

the two door gives you more of a bigger window to get in but a 4 door gives you an extra post to the roof right next to your head. drive wise makes no difference. you can drive the doors of anything poppop!

Quote Originally Posted by 310fig8 View Post
    It's easier to get in the back seat with a 4 door.
    Jeez Bill.....we're talking about going enduro racing here, what is going through your mind......right for the back seat!

Kenny, I would listen to these guys here regarding the availability of car parts....although it may sound like a small issue now that everything is in good shape, when the time comes to replace and there is nothing to be found....you don't want to be up that creek with nothing more than a broken Cavalier....

From a safety aspect.....which one will afford you the most room to install a proper cage? Which one do you feel will provide you enough safety to keep you focussed on the track and not getting hit?
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Wink Amen to 310.................

Wild Bill wants to change the old NEETS slogan: to the most fun you can have in the back seat of a car............................
    UNCLE PETEY.......................

well my zoom zoom is a 4 door what a pian to get in so i would say two door so u have room to get in , unless the car is free lol

critter you could cut the middle post out if you need more room in the zoom zoom. i seen guys do it on their four door cars. but i saw poppop he could climb in and out with no problem. he has more energy then 20 year olds just like petey!

I'm just trying to keep up T-bird. I gave up on the 4 door and found a wrecked 2 door. It's already "broken" in for me. I think it'll give me more room to work on the cage etc. and I'm going to do like the big guys and put in a removable steering wheel to make it easier. I went junk yard shopping before I went car shopping.

good idea tbird might have to look into that for next season if the zoom zoom makes it , and popop like your way of shoppin lol

Just to point this out, removing the center post between the two doors DOES work for making more room on a 4 door car, however you better as heck have a full cage in the car or that roof is going to plow you into the floor of the car in a roll over.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

gutter7
    Keep in mind when running a Cavalier you may have to bolt in a hundred pounds of wieght.

I think I got an extra hundred stuffed in my fire suit.

Thread Information