Thread: the full monte.....RIP!

the full monte.....RIP!

its offical... the monte is dead! After being shoved into the wall(im feeling that today) the frame is bent beyond any repair. Along with the rear frame that is rebent from some impatient drivers that try to drive thru me not around me. If your faster than I then go around me or be patient! Theres no bullseye on my car i dont think? As for those cut bumpers....this better be a issue at the meeting that is planned. There no excuse for it. Waaayy to much damage from them over the season, not to mention flats. I had a great time at the mutha as did at all the races. I try to pace myself(like critter did) in the race but find cars driving by tearing up anything getting in the way.To some, out side the car you may not notice things like that, but put yourself in the car and its a lot different. See attached picts of what a cut bumper did to car(front fender bumper, rim , went down the side)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01610.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	2138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01606.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	2139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01607.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	2140  

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    not to mention flats.
    There was a ridiculously large amount of flat tires in the Mutha.

Sucks that your car is junk...I have a feeling a bunch of cars are headed to the scrap yard.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

sorry to hear jack , yeah i think bigdaddys car will be goin to the big crusher in the sky as well , well jack when u get the new one done dont forget the sharpie , and thanks for the kind words

Angry Cooper Cobra's for sale........only hit once.........

Sorry to hear it Jack, another classic monte heading for China................
    You are right on about the tire cutters out on the track................
    Now, I can't afford to build a new car because of the tire franchise payments....................
    UNCLE PETEY...............

sorry to hear about your car jack. i'm not sure about mine yet i have to drink a few beers and survey the exent of the damage but it dont look real good. but have no fear critter wont drive alone next year DX will live on. ihave 2 words for you NEXT YEAR

Kinda debating next year. I got motors to build(5 if i race neets) a 57 chevy restoration and 2 drag cars to finish. Ill be workin my a$$ off in order to put together a new car. I started one already(cutlass). But NEETS is my new addiction of racing so now im hooked. If I start now..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0709071803.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	2141  

u can do it jack , and like big bro said dx has two words for ya ,

Hey jack that doesn't look like it will pull 17" of vaccuum

She ll pull lots of g's though! all 598 cu in!

sorry jack you can't bar in front of your firewall! also i don't think even on a dry track you will get traction! and i too am sorry for the m.c. may she rest in peace

Save the old race cars

I don't know why you retired the Monte Jack. It looks WAY better than my 12
    years of enduros veteran Pontiac.It's had a bent frame since its 1st year.It will be back again next year.My niece tried hard to bend her up and did a good job.

Phil

Its bent in a place i cant straighten, Behind the rh control arm, and waffled the frame down lower and under car. Ive cut and stretched the frame 3" before when i 1/2 rolled my car....MmMMM,waffles!

Jack, it took 8 races to get your car bent just right, now your goin to start all over, come on, keep the monte alive.

That was just practice!

Thread Information