Racerhub.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Rocco Released From Whelen Modified Tour Ride By Team Owner Ed Partridge

Keith Rocco Released From Whelen Modified Tour Ride By Team Owner Ed Partridge

I know there is two sides to every story but its too bad that Rocco will not be on the tour.

Worried about fixing equipment??? You had Jimmy Blewett as your driver.

Jimmy did win in the car more that once but I remember watching Jimmy more times than not in that car in the past few years and was out to lunch numerous times. I can't remember the last time the 12 team being up front consistenlty and batteling for a title. Just having the name Partridege as the owner can't make you a contender every year.

MAYBE the SHOW is NOT OVER

first he's tossed to the wolves, then he's tossed aside.
    too bad, he's got the potential.

if silk drives the car they will be in contention for the title...no doubts about it.
    Rob Bader Jr.
    19 BLUNDERBUST

It goes to show you, no matter what your talent level is, if you can't get along with the team, you're out. Matt Hirschman is another example. These owners paying large amounts of money to run these cars, and are not gonna put up with any problems, even from talented drivers.

It comes down to performance. Silk did a lot more with his opportunity in about the same sample of work. That's life. The guy earned it. They've already proven they can win together. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Ed + Bo= 3 sk Titles

Keith will get another Ride on the WMT, no question.
    In his position I would go for a NASCAR National Title this season though.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWATCHER View Post
    Ed + Bo= 3 sk Titles
    Hey BOWATCHER, you can throw that fact into the SK forum....OH, we don't have one!!!!!
    Now, what's BO's record in a TOUR car?????
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Quote Originally Posted by MXCHAMP04 View Post
    It goes to show you, no matter what your talent level is, if you can't get along with the team, you're out. Matt Hirschman is another example. These owners paying large amounts of money to run these cars, and are not gonna put up with any problems, even from talented drivers.

And sometimes the owner of the cars can be a problem themselves.

I think Ronnie Silk would do just fine in the Tour Car!... He hopped in the car and won, at what I would say is probably the toughest tracks on the WMT Circuit NHMS...

Kyle
    Kyle McGowan
    Wall Stadium Flagger
    KyleMac45@hotmail.com

Rest in Peace- John Blewett III 10-25-1973 - 8-16-07

Rest in Peace- Number 76- forever a cherished number

Rest in Peace- Charles Kepley

silk is a good driver there is nothing 2 say 2 take that away from him, but in rocco's case how many times has he been in a tour car 6 times all together no matter what ride roccos's in he needs time 2 actully drive a car 4 a full year 2 compare him 2 anyone
    (truevaluefan)

See ya at The track

what does 2nd and last place have in common? they both didnt win

Quote Originally Posted by limodmaniac View Post
    And sometimes the owner of the cars can be a problem themselves.
    Yeah I know youre a Hirschman supporter and all. But can you explain how it is that a driver wins some races and finishes second in the title chase and at the end of the year gets told to get his seat out of the car. I know the whole story behind the seat, do you? And since the owners own the car, and pay the bills, I guess they call the shots.

Hilo Man
    I think some car owners think they can just spend money and win. Like having more cars than anyone else or the biggest hauler. I know a team that ran one car and a small trailer and won two titles. It takes a team to win. not just money.

Thread Information