Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules Meeting!

Rules Meeting!

Just wondering how it went? We allowed blown alchol motors yet. LoL let us know what some of the things talked about. Anxious to get started on car for next year,guess i will start on fixing the cosmetic damage(yeah right have you seen my "straight" fenders lately).

Thanks,
    Rick

i'm also waiting, already getting ready just need to make sure it's legal

Wink Back from Pennsyltucky.......

The rules get together was a fairly productive affair.............
    Because of all the "flippers", looks like full interior 4pt. cages w/ door bars will be required in every class and 18'' numbers are to be painted on the bottom of your car, so they can identify your car coming outa turn four(just kidding about the number)..................
    No more make, model and year! Your enduro just has to be legal for model only, everything must remain stock, (springs, shocks, suspension, etc)....................
    If your running a GM, you can use any GM production cast iron head, manifolds(exh. and intake) except center dumps(same rule for ford and mopar cars)...............
    Mandatory racing rims, 1" lug nuts(except for aluminum rims), 7" rims with 3" backspace maximum, 8" tire width for big cars, 7" for small cars.....................
    Stock appearing aluminum radiators, aluminum reduction fan pulleys will be allowed and heavy duty reinforced winshield screen/fencing mandatory...........
    Many other safety improvements 4 or 5 point belts, window nets , etc..........
    No more rear view mirrors allowed in car.................
    No more tire cutter bumpers: Must weld or bolt piece of plate from end of bumpers to fenders to limit tire cutting and hooking bumpers with other cars.............LOL
    Couple of other changes, can't remember them all, I'm sure Joe and Erin will put up a post soon..........
    UNCLE PETEY.................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 11-22-2009 at 05:57 AM.

Nice recap Petey for those who want to know ahead of time. I am sure Erin or Joe will have it posted too and soon! Rules sound better, all about safety!

Nice job Petey. willi there be an offiicial report in they near future,i'm getting itchy to turn wrenches.

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Because of all the "flippers", looks like full interior 4pt. cages w/ door bars will be required in every class and 18'' numbers are to be painted on the bottom of your car, so they can identify your car coming outa turn four(just kidding about the number)..................
    Guess I am one of those flippers...

We are painting numbers on the bottoms of our cars for next year (as a joke in case any go wheels up) not that there is anything funny about that...lol
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Wink Roll Model.............

Doesn't make ya a bad person..............
    Just lifes way of turning things around..............
    UNCLE PETEY................

in all fairness, I am the only car that got A LOT of help from another car to cause my roll over...

if it would have have been for the little shove I got from another car going into turn 1, my car would have stayed on the ground
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

everyone likes to help, sometimes too much

Richard P. Forgot to mention that all cars with # 43 must use solid fork lift tires.
    For that no flat every race rule.
    phil

Thumbs up Safety

Over all I think it was very productive. We touched on alot of things. Petey hit most all the subjects that we talked about . Finalized rules hopefully will be avalible at the banquet!! But safty is the biggest part of it!!! Me and Joe are gonna get together tommorow and get them ready for print. All I can say right now its really looking good and I think people will be happy! (most not all) sorry!!! Just remember we want you to go home in as good of health as when you got to the track!!

Wink "Phil" with Air..............

Thanks Phil! I need all the tire help I can get....................
    It felt like I was driving a "rear steer" all season long..........
    UNCLE PETEY..................

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyN8-128 View Post
    in all fairness, I am the only car that got A LOT of help from another car to cause my roll over...

if it would have have been for the little shove I got from another car going into turn 1, my car would have stayed on the ground
    I my case, i can wreck all by myself

Quote Originally Posted by RICK16RACIN View Post
    . Finalized rules hopefully will be avalible at the banquet!!
    the sooner the better...unless there is nothing too major. We are working on building the cars for next year already and want to make sure they are legal the first time around. Im sure there are other people in the same position.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Quote Originally Posted by mcstockcar View Post
    I my case, i can wreck all by myself
    seems the big cars have no problem rolling themselves...

its the 4 cylinder cars that need that little push to get them up and over.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Thread Information