Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules Meeting!

look for the turn 4 taperd guardrail and aim!

Anyone have a link to some 14" 5x100 racing rims. They are proving difficult to find. At least cheap anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot11 View Post
    Anyone have a link to some 14" 5x100 racing rims. They are proving difficult to find. At least cheap anyway.
    added cost for new safety stuff would be another good reason to know the new rules sooner than later
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

i would also like the new rules asap , gotta get goin on a few cars , why no rear view mirror ????? , i guess i will be weldin plates on the front bumper to the fender now too ,hmm just worried that will cause more damage ,but rules are rules ,my car seems to be good to go after that so ill start the new one or ones lol

We got a lot of great input from the meeting yesterday and we will be going over everyone's suggestions and adjusting the rules. The rules will be ready for the banquet at the latest.

The major item yesterday was 4 point roll cages...

There were other highly recommended items brought up that won't be mandatory but suggested for added safety...stay tuned!
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Critter, yesterday's discussions were all suggestions that we wrote down, nothing is set in stone yet...there were a couple great ideas that we will discuss on whether to add or not to add in the rules but nothing is finalized yet...

Our biggest concern was safety.
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

thx erin . yeah i like safety , my car is pretty good with the bar setup ,im goin to add a few more bars just for my own sake , might have my first coustomer car comin this week so at least i ahve somewhat of an idea for the rules

race rims

i am ok with any rules except race rims and one inch lugs. it will but me out with tbird. it is an odd size rims. plus extra cost for a part on chevy that is not a rim issue. i still think it could be a highly suggested rule. that'sjust my point of view.

Yup... no rear veiw mirror. now youll never see me coming.
    And... you wont be able to see the person behind you about rear end you because there not paying attention.

I'd like to hear more about this racing rim required rule
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Angry Objects in your Mirror................

I'm with you Jack on the NO REAR VIEW MIRROR deal.................
    I mainly used it for SELF-PRESERVATION on red flags and to let the guys racing on the lead lap get by me.......................
    UNCLE PETEY...............

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    I'm with you Jack on the NO REAR VIEW MIRROR deal.................
    I mainly used it for SELF-PRESERVATION on red flags and to let the guys racing on the lead lap get by me.......................
    UNCLE PETEY...............
    I think a lot of the lead cars were happy that I had a rear view mirror this past season. It allowed me to see them coming and move to the outside line so I wouldn't slow them down as much, basically get out of their way.

However, having one or not having one doesn't make much difference to me. As long as we can, I will run one.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

i liked havin a rear view ,helped me out alot when those big ole v8s where runnin my 6cyl down , tried to stay out of the way , and agrre with jack helped for those bump and runs , hope we get to keep em

I have to agree with Nate and Critter. I could see which side the cars were coming on most of the time and could get out of the way before they started blowing the horn real hard.

The guys that ruin it are "mirror drivin" or blocking. I havent run into that situation yet, but if I do i know how to fix that...he he he

Thread Information