Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rules Meeting!

Rims

Racing rims will NOT be required. 1" lugnuts will only be required in certain situations. This is UNOFFICIAL. Please wait until the banquet for some official news on this. I think the meeting went very well. I don't think that there will be any serious objections to the new rules. Everyone there worked earnestly to get the best rules possible to please the most people while improving safety and keeping costs to a minimum. There will be a rollbar/doorbar requirement. I feel very good about the upcoming season. For god's sake, DON'T PANIC!!!
    Bob Kulik
    Kulik Racing

no panic here , my car has 4 points and door bar and belts ,my car passed tech ,ill just wait till there all offical then panic lol

Are 6 Points legal (rear Kickers) next year?

Sac-Man

Lightbulb Racing Rims

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot11 View Post
    Anyone have a link to some 14" 5x100 racing rims. They are proving difficult to find. At least cheap anyway.
    I've used:
    http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/stockcar.html

I think their price is good. Fast friendly service too.

rear view mirror

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyN8-128 View Post
    I think a lot of the lead cars were happy that I had a rear view mirror this past season. It allowed me to see them coming and move to the outside line so I wouldn't slow them down as much, basically get out of their way.

However, having one or not having one doesn't make much difference to me. As long as we can, I will run one.
    If someone is faster then you they will get by.Run yur line and they will see where to go around you. Saying that it helps avoid getting rear ended probably causes just as many wrecks as you think you avoid.If they are coming up on you fast planning to go around you on the outside and all of sudden you turn right to get out of the way because you"saw them coming"wether they hit you or get into someone else it is still a direct result of having mirrors.

Sac-Man

Cool rear view mirror

I prefer no mirrors. Perhaps we ask Joe to conduct a pole on the forum. I prefer drivers hold their line and focus on the front half of the car.
    NASCAR should go No Mirrors and No Spotters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sac-Man View Post
    NASCAR should go...No Spotters.
    yea ok...that happened once, remember. Im sure Deborah Renshaw does...
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sac-Man View Post
    I've used:
    http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/stockcar.html

I think their price is good. Fast friendly service too.
    Thanks...just what I was look for

Count another vote for mirrors. I too use them for safety.

I like mirrors too.....for safety reasons.

However, we see it race after race....mirror driving. More people are watching who's behind them rather than what's in front! I would like to see the mirrors stay, but in reality....we have flaggers, lights AND scanners. There should be no reason why cars are not stopping when we throw a red....other than lost brakes.

Scanners will be "MANDATORY" next season IF you want to qualify for points.....I am re-wording the rules now to state this properly, but IF you refuse to use a scanner...it is the same as refusing tech.

The suggestions and ideas we discussed Saturday are being thought over and decided which ideas are right and which are not....how to word things properly and how it will affect drivers.... We will have printed sets of rules at the banquet for sure....in the mean time, give it about a week or so before I get them fully uploaded onto the site.

Also, not to put anyone down here.....but nothing on here is official so please check with the officials BEFORE you go and change something on the car. The rules mainly changed to promoter safER racing, so most things will not change.

The hardest part now is the re-wording process...... Remember, one little slip now can have a very ill effect mid way through the season when a competitor is taking advantage of our error.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post
    I like mirrors too.....for safety reasons.

However, we see it race after race....mirror driving. More people are watching who's behind them rather than what's in front! I would like to see the mirrors stay, but in reality....we have flaggers, lights AND scanners. There should be no reason why cars are not stopping when we throw a red....other than lost brakes.

Scanners will be "MANDATORY" next season IF you want to qualify for points.....I am re-wording the rules now to state this properly, but IF you refuse to use a scanner...it is the same as refusing tech.

The suggestions and ideas we discussed Saturday are being thought over and decided which ideas are right and which are not....how to word things properly and how it will affect drivers.... We will have printed sets of rules at the banquet for sure....in the mean time, give it about a week or so before I get them fully uploaded onto the site.

Also, not to put anyone down here.....but nothing on here is official so please check with the officials BEFORE you go and change something on the car. The rules mainly changed to promoter safER racing, so most things will not change.

The hardest part now is the re-wording process...... Remember, one little slip now can have a very ill effect mid way through the season when a competitor is taking advantage of our error.
    Just another idea...If the judges can see the 'mirror drivers' and scanners are to be mandatory, then these drivers can be addressed via scanners. Either warned and/or black flagged. Repeating offenders could be subject to loosing their mirror.

Just another idea

I agree 100%. Mirror driving;blocking, whatever you may call it, should be delt with over the scanner, deduct points if they are warned for infractions of such several times. The ones who legitly use our mirrors for saftey shouldnt have to suffer. I wanna know when im about to be rammed by someone not paying attention, so I can pucker up and brace myself for whats going to happen. Ive ruined alot of shorts when i let my guard down

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrick120 View Post
    If someone is faster then you they will get by.Run yur line and they will see where to go around you. Saying that it helps avoid getting rear ended probably causes just as many wrecks as you think you avoid.If they are coming up on you fast planning to go around you on the outside and all of sudden you turn right to get out of the way because you"saw them coming"wether they hit you or get into someone else it is still a direct result of having mirrors.
    I haven't had any problems with that, and mainly run high to begin with. I used my mirror to see when it was clear to get around other cars that were either in my way or slower than me running my same line. If no one was coming up fast behind me, I could safely drop down and pass that car, then move back to my line when I saw the slower car behind me. Also if I would want to run somewhere else on the track, I could see where other cars (usually in large groups) were behind me and make my way back up high before they got to me. I'm not talking about waiting until the cars are two or three car lengths behind me, I'm saying when they were coming out of turn 2 3 wide, I would be going into turn 3 and knew they were coming, so planned accordingly. I do understand what you are saying though.

I can see what people are saying about the mirror driving and using it for blocking, but the safety side of the mirrors can't really be argued too much. If I would have had a rear view mirror back in the June race, I could have possibly seen the 17 car get a run on me going into turn one on the low side and not hugged the bottom of the track as much...which led to the little bit of contact that sent me barrel rolling. All I would have had to do is glance in the rear view and I would have saw him lower than me on the track going into the turn and I would have gave him a little more room.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    no panic here , my car has 4 points and door bar and belts ,my car passed tech ,ill just wait till there all offical then panic lol
    Same here...and I was all for making cages mandatory anyways

Only thing that worried me was the racing rim comment...it would be an added expense, not a problem, but nice to know as far in advance as possible
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

Lets also not forget pitting under green. Grandview's track exit/pit entrance isnt exactly the safest thing. I found my self in a similar situation at Blackrock a couple of weeks ago. I glanced in my mirror as I was making my way to the pit gate...long story short I took another lap. If I hadnt at least 3 other cars would have been pitting with me...as they would have been on my trunk lol

Thread Information