Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rules Meeting!

Thumbs up Mirror Finish..............

Drivers who use mirrors, properly, help stop serious incidents on the track....................
    Even though it is an enduro race, it is common knowledge that a faster car usually passes high while the slower car goes to the low groove.............
    Without mirrors the pit exit path at the "mound" is gonna look like 10lbs. of crap stuffed into a 1lb. bag.............
    I agree that mirror abuse should be penalized, but don't punish everybody for the sins of a few........................
    UNCLE PETEY....................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 11-23-2009 at 06:03 PM.

gutter7
    And lets remember to pad them roll cages, and not with a pool noodle. Remember even with a tight five point harness you can hit stuff 8-10 inches away from your head. First hand experience, New helmet, good padding,driver out cold on the front stretch.
    http://www.jerseyracing.com/clips/070707mod1.wmv

hey whats wrong with pool noodles ???? there foam and come in green , and not expensive , gotta try to stay low budget on some stuff , noodles are beeter then no padding

i know im replyin to myself , but why dont we all wait till the new rules r finalized , and once they r done ,thats it ,go by the rules

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    hey whats wrong with pool noodles ???? there foam and come in green , and not expensive , gotta try to stay low budget on some stuff , noodles are beeter then no padding
    SFI padding is less the $20 for 3 ft. I think I did my whole car with just 2. Maybe 3. That foam may be nice but you'll think twice after a hit over 10 mph
    or when its dripping on you.

i know im replyin to myself , but why dont we all wait till the new rules r finalized , and once they r done ,thats it ,go by the rules
    How else are we supposed to get to 1200+ post

The G-Man42
    there is no substitute for safety in any way shape or form.........if ur life is cheap go cheap if its valuable spend the money to keep it safe enough said

i think we should all calm down and wait for the final rule book , my last two cents on this

over budget

well criter, your over budget with your 2 cent. mmmmm i like noodles.

racinrick120 got it right about mirrors.Just race your line.The car passing has already decided where they are passing you.
    Mirrors are for combing your hair.Not racing. phil

i think we should all calm down and wait for the final rule book , my last two cents on this
    the thread is mainly about the mirror thing now...you need to calm down
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

The new padding is more fireproof than those noodles!
    But if your noodles on fire, youve really got problems!

amazing...critter is going to run both divisions next year but had to steal his neighbors pool noodles to use as roll bar padding
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

At least he wont drown
    He done lost his noodle!

I got to drive with a mirror once and I liked it. It was nice to see who was coming up behind me if needed. BUT....Focusing straight ahead makes more sense much like driving down Rte 100. So this isnt a hard concept

Blocking is a part of racing...its going to happen with or without the mirrors. If your slow stay low, the faster cars go around!

As for the roll cage padding, pool noodles is better than nothing. Is there going to be specific type of foam to use? Someone should invent spray on padding or does this exist?

Another safety issue..........those who r concerned about the padding and whether its cheap or not...........is your helmet and belts in tip top shape? At least as of yet theres no restictions on that.

Cant wait to see the revised rules to stop this thread of picking!

Thread Information