Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rules Meeting!

The G-Man42
    $800 helmet check brand new belts check, good on my end!

mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Drivers who use mirrors, properly, help stop serious incidents on the track....................
    Even though it is an enduro race, it is common knowledge that a faster car usually passes high while the slower car goes to the low groove.............
    Without mirrors the pit exit path at the "mound" is gonna look like 10lbs. of crap stuffed into a 1lb. bag.............
    I agree that mirror abuse should be penalized, but don't punish everybody for the sins of a few........................
    UNCLE PETEY....................
    Petey,
    I raced a full year in 07 factory stocks at wall and the only thing the mirrors were used for was mirror driving.We were all pretty evenly matched and i finished as high as 4th so i was competitive. You had a lap maybe two for them to get by you if they were that much faster on the outside. If not you got"moved"up the track.Anyone that has a competitive car shouldn't need one,and yes i ran that whole year without a mirror.I don't mean that as a slight at you because you like mirrors just if your fast you have no real need to worry about who is slower behind you.How about compromise 1st race everyone can have them and from then on if you finish in the top 10 in ANY race you aren't allowed them for the rest of the season.

By the way Petey is your real name "ray"? I thought i saw that in a different thread somewhere.
    Rick
    Last edited by rockinrick120; 11-24-2009 at 12:39 AM. Reason: missed a letter in bad spot

Wink Reflecting............

I also raced a F/S at Wall the 2007 season for Vern Mclaughlin in the #6 car...................
    Granted there was alotta beat'en and bang'en going on in that division but it had nothing to do with rear view mirrors..............
    I had one in the racecar but very rarely used it.................
    I have raced enduros for years and most rules forbid the use of rearview mirrors, so I can run with'em or without'em but if I had my choice I wanna know where I been as well as where I'm going...................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

By the way Petey is your real name "ray"? I thought i saw that in a different thread somewhere.
    Rick
    no my name is ray aka tbirdracer. petey and i raced against each other back in the 80's and early 90's. if you want to talk to me talk to me. i raced 2 times at grandview big car 98. is there a problem with something i said?

A noodle beatin'!

First off CALM DOWN WINKY!!!!

As for roll bar padding/noodles. It was said correctly here.... If you are in a bit of a tangle, the noodle is better than the bar. However, in the extreme case of a fire, the pool noodles not only melt, but break down into a liquid that WILL melt through a fire suit. Therefore a pool noodle is not the safest thing to have....

The SFI padding is great, it is durable and won't melt the way a pool noodle will. However, $20 roughly per 3 feet can get costly for anyone who wraps a whole cage....plus, I have heard the comment from some drivers that they would prefer hitting the roll bar rather than the SFI padding....IT IS DENSE!

There will be no changes to roll bar padding in the rules, however, NJ events will still require SFI padding.....so, if you plan on venturing around, you might as well spend the money on the better material now rather than later....or twice after buying pool noodles.

Critter said it best.... wait for the new rules to be released before you go jumping to conclusions....

Nate, if you want to spend the money on a racing rim for the RIGHT side, there should be no problem with that....the BIG CARS will be affected the most by the need for racing wheels on the right side, whereas the Small Cars are less likely to flip from that similar scenario since they displace the car's weight differently through the corner.

Again, the best thing to do is wait until everything has been finalized.

Rules will be posted at the beginning of next week... 1, we have a race this weekend and Erin and I will be at the speedway ALL WEEKEND. 2, I am getting a new laptop on Friday, so posting the rules will be the last thing I do on my old computer.....once I load them up, I will have a lot of swapping to do...
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

You're not supposed to know you are getting a new laptop on Friday!!!!

It is a Birthday/Christmas present and last I checked it isn't even December yet, LOL!!!

Does this mean I get my Christmas present a month early too???
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

Quote Originally Posted by CJfilms View Post

Nate, if you want to spend the money on a racing rim for the RIGHT side, there should be no problem with that....the BIG CARS will be affected the most by the need for racing wheels on the right side, whereas the Small Cars are less likely to flip from that similar scenario since they displace the car's weight differently through the corner.
    No I'm fine with stock rims, haven't had any problems yet...the only reason I mentioned them was because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by richardpetey View Post
    Mandatory racing rims

If that would be the case, I was saying it would be nice to know now so people who don't have them (almost everyone) can save up to get them in time for next year.
    Nate
    #128 (small car)

It is a very good point but everything is not set in stone yet, unfortunately.

This is actually pretty early for getting the rules done, some places don't have theirs done yet, so I think we are on a good pace right now. Another week or so is not going to hurt and we will have some printed out at the banquet as well.

I am really glad to see everyone excited to build for next year!!!!
    Erin Cutri

...the BIG CARS will be affected the most by the need for racing wheels on the right side,
    Well there goes my filming career!

Unhappy Over Ruled...............

Guess I got everybody excited with my rules post.......................
    I should have said "PROPOSED" rule changes................
    UNCLE PETEY.....................

racing wheels

does anyone like those basset wheels cause i want something the doesnt bend easy i been to grandview twice and bent 3 wheels
    Aaron"The Thriller"Miller
    redneck rocket racing #78 chevy caprice

Wink Wheel Man............

How ya gonna live up to your name(THE THRILLER) if ya don't bent a few rims once and awhile..........................
    Yeah! Basset rims are good, sometimes a little heavy but good..............
    UNCLE PETEY.......................
    Last edited by richardpetey; 11-24-2009 at 07:46 PM.

HAHA..Joe is still working on these, on the phone again trying to go over the "proposed" changes. I never get to see my husband

It's ok...its almost "off season"
    Erin Cutri

1.However, $20 roughly per 3 feet can get costly for anyone who wraps a whole cage....they would prefer hitting the roll bar rather than the SFI padding....IT IS DENSE!....

2.whereas the Small Cars are less likely to flip from that similar scenario since they displace the car's weight differently through the corner...

3. we have a race this weekend and Erin and I will be at the speedway ALL WEEKEND...
    1.When I was at Bridgeport I bought just 1 stick for $16 and cut them to 3 1ft lenths to fit just the areas where my helmet could hit, side roof bar, front loop bar, and I put it on the vertical driver side door bar for my leg. But yes it is VERY DENSE, Not something you look foward to hitting, maybe not as hard as the bar, but close...

2.its true. Besides Nates roll, I do not belive any other 4 cyl has flipped. My R/R wheel came off same as the big cars did going into turn 3 and I went up a little on my side but nowhere near enough to go completly over. (*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK*)

3.Im thinking about going up on Saturday to watch from the stands and then again pitside for the NEETS race on Sunday. Im kind of hoping it (R-Word) on Friday and those features gets pushed to Saturday, full day of racing
    Last edited by EnduroFromDE; 11-24-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    I find that your selfish mind is a place to hide when you know what you are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by EnduroFromDE View Post
    (R-Word)
    LOL!!! JOE!! Steve just said the "R" word!!!
    Erin Cutri

Thread Information