Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: skid plate racing

killa54

Thumbs up skid plate racing

i was looking at the riverhead raceway website site and read the article about skid plate racing and thought it seemed cool. im in. anybody else. cant wait for next year already.

p.s. i checked it out on youtube, its gonna be crazy.

killa54

guess not

i guess nobody is down with the skid plate races. We'll just have to bring back the spec drags. We can call it nap time/ intermission.

No, I've heard a lot of good talk about them. I think there's gonna be a good showing of cars. That being said I don't think the SD's were that terrible.

killa54

i agree

They might not be my favorite event, but your right, they're not the worst thing. I just think that if people like the spec drags so much, they should spend time talking about how good they are and stop wasting time bashing skid plate races. I enjoy all the events that RR promotes...... Even the "redneck" ones.

I tried talkin up the spec drags......people don't understand that and looked at it as a probelm here and those posts were locked when the interest took place... and it had quite the interest.
    It was what brought on the Jeep vs Trans and then the S-10 that never showed on that particular date last year....
    Then that type of interest got axed....

skid plate racing is retarded, might as well just have people run around the track with one leg tied to a cement block.....oh the excitement!!

Better would have been the 4c's instead...

I don't mind Bashing the stupidity that is going to ruin the track... it's called insight, other tracks that do it are dirt, or have a smaller in field they run them on and not the actual good part of the track....
    Long Island Motorsports Association
    Fighting for motorsports on long island.
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

i bet rhd will run them bellow the white line. why not call and ask what they plan on doing instead of bashing them. and sd would be better if they ran 5laps like yrs ago. inmagine 25 cars run what you brung would seperate the drivers from the cheaters

i bet rhd will run them bellow the white line. why not call and ask what they plan on doing instead of bashing them. and sd would be better if they ran 5laps like yrs ago. inmagine 25 cars run what you brung would seperate the drivers from the cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Again what cheaters.... Everyone running on about cheating and there is none

The only 2 cheaters im aware of are.....and do to unregistered cars and Non DOT tires are as follows

The green pontiac...

The vette of tommy W... not the new one....

Now those 2 cheaters didn't even compete, and when and if they did was once a year and they lost anyway....well except for once when Tom W got the 2nd chance...

So that ain't much of cheating there kid...

There is more cheating in other divisions and bs scoring then any cheating in SD's

WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

25 cars running like that isn't a spec drag though is it...

25 street cars running are gonna create insurance issues..
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShafts View Post
    25 street cars running are gonna create insurance issues..
    It already did, which is why they no longer run that way.
    Where did everyone go????
    www.myracenews.com also with a Facebook page!

Quote Originally Posted by W. J. View Post
    It already did, which is why they no longer run that way.
    That's what i figured....

More excitement 1 on 1, with a single lap to get it done, it leaves no room for error...
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

That's what i figured....

More excitement 1 on 1, with a single lap to get it done, it leaves no room for error...
    maybe if the sd drivers showed up at the start of the events you could get it back and put a great show on

Lmao, maybe, maybe if the idea of putting a time to be on track or schedule of what is when in the right order, and it was made right on the facilities site those issues would never happen!! Lol that is something I can't control though!

Be more than happy to though, takes me seconds to make adjustments to my sites
    WE RACE! WE VOTE!
    Join Us! or Contact Us
    www.limotorsports.org

Lmao, maybe, maybe if the idea of putting a time to be on track or schedule of what is when in the right order, and it was made right on the facilities site those issues would never happen!! Lol that is something I can't control though!

Be more than happy to though, takes me seconds to make adjustments to my sites
    No one knows the order of events till race day. It has always been that way. You get there and go up to the board and it tells you what goes in what order. If racing/warm-ups is to start at 4pm, you be there by 4pm and go to the board and see how things are run for the day or night. If you want to show up at 4pm, that's your decision. Not many cars show up even within a 1/2 hour of starting times, 99% are there well before race/warm-up time. Not the tracks fault...
    ..Richie Grodski
    TheChromeHorn.com
    www.TheChromeHorn.com | RGrodski@thechromehorn.com
    The RacerHub Network
    www.thechromehorn.com | www.longislandjam.com
    Old modifieds never die.........They just get updated.........

Does anyone know the format of this race?
    4 cyc
    6 cyc
    any FWD?

Just curious. I'll probably try it.

Thread Information