Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the new rules

i second that question on the pipe , and miller78 dont tell em where im from lol i dont need stalkers lol
    Last edited by critter; 12-22-2009 at 07:47 PM.

sorry ........u dont want them to see what dx is up to i see lol
    Aaron"The Thriller"Miller
    redneck rocket racing #78 chevy caprice

ok u got me there anyone is welcome to come to the dx shop , now im just waitin ion the straight pipe rule hehe

Don't worry, Joe is straightening that out...it was brought to his attention today. There is also a typo in the rules he is going to fix and he will let you know what he fixed in the rules that were mistyped.

Patience please...he has been on the phone non stop all day today and we are in the off season and still exhausted my waiting until the last minute to shop for the holidays wasn't a big help either
    Erin Cutri
    NEETS Official: Co Promoter
    Email: bartleye2@hotmail.com
    Cell: 570-878-0769

He s "exhaust" ted.

Exhausted, need intake!

Steve has the correct interpretation.

Mufflers, IF INSTALLED, must be stock. They should be properly secured to prevent falling off during a race and becoming a track hazard.

Kill switch, again it is just a shut off switch that an official/EMT can use in the case of a fuel leak after a roll over without having to climb totally into the vehicle to reach for the ignition. If you have a battery in a stock location, then you need no further efforts on this matter.

Rules in general:
    Please note, especially if you were not in attendance at the banquet, the rules are TENTATIVE!!!!! I quickly rushed to get them organized to get them printed up for the banquet. After the Turkey Derby, I spent most of my time preparing for the banquet and the rules were a side project.... I have more time to focus on them now and WORD things correctly...

For instance, the exhaust rule should read as follows:
    If a muffler is to be installed, it must be a stock type muffler, no after market mufflers are permitted.

Instead, I left out a key part there.....

Also, there are some questions about roll bar tubing sizes...
    I posted up that bars must be 1 3/4" thick minimum.....I have to look back over my notes, I believe that is supposed to be 1 1/4" thick.......

Give me some time, I will straighten it out.

IF you have any pressing questions, email or call me and I will send you in the right direction.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

woohoo one less thing to do , u rock joe , but ill still email or text ya just to bother ya

Exhaust

So me pipe can be str8 back no muff?? Sound like red neck.) merry chrimas all!!

Clarification please

"Mufflers, IF INSTALLED, must be stock." THIS WAS A QUOTE FROM JOE NEETS HIMSELF IN THIS THREAD. DOES THIS MEAN MUFFLERS ARE OPTIONAL??? SOUNDS LIKE A GREY AREA THAT SHOULD NE ADDRESSED ASAP!!! JOSH ALSO SAID GLASSPACKS ARE LEGAL.

Elated No Muff Too Tough............

From one of my discussions with the tech guys I was led to believe that after market mufflers/glasspacks would be allowed, as long as the exhuast system extended beyond the drivers seat......................
    Glasspacks are rounded, and have no seams to speak of, they are less likely to be ripped off when hit by debris on the track..............
    Hopefully, you'll clarify the new engine rule wording so I can make heads or tails out of that little regulation................
    UNCLE PETEY...............

u da man josh woohoo one less thing to worry about

I deleted Josh's comment because it must be discussed, finalized, and posted by Joe...if deemed ok BY JOE I will un-delete the post...nothing will be posted about "allowing" items without THE PROMOTER'S approval no matter how simple or complex the item may be. Any gripes can be sent to me.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Erin C; 12-28-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    Erin Cutri

No+mufflers=less weight+lesswork = less $$$$

The change of wording in the exhaust rule has been uploaded on the website...it now states:

Exhaust systems:
    A. Exhaust pipes must terminate behind the driver.
    i. Pipes should be installed in a manner which prevents exhaust fumes from entering the driver comparment.
    ii. Stock sized exhaust pipes should be utilized if the stock pipes are replaced.
    (a.)No exaust pipes installed should be greater than 2 1/2".
    B. Mufflers, if utilized, must be stock type. Mufflers should be secured to the vehicle using perforatted stapping. Catalytic Converters can be removed.
    i. Can be straight piped from manifold back.

Now, I don't see how this is confusing so if you have any issues or concerns on this wording please mention them to JOE immediately before everything is set in stone in the next few weeks. Once these are finalized, that is it...you had your chance.
    Erin Cutri

all good with the zoom zoom ,or as petey would say wooz wooz lol ,now on to the cage and cutoff switch , cant wait to race

Thread Information