Thread: wall??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    32danfs

wall??

is neets racing wall next year?

Quote Originally Posted by 32danfs View Post
    is neets racing wall next year?
    No, they are not racing at Wall in 2010. Based on what was said at the banquet on Saturday, both of the promoters couldn't come up with an agreement. NEETS is only scheduled to run at Grandview on the dirt at this time.

As it stands, we will not be racing there....

If Jim and I can come up with a solid agreement at the Motorsports show in January, we may schedule a few races, but as of right now, no.
    ________Joe the Photo Guy
    {_NEETS_}_____________www.neetsracing.com
    Co-Promoter____________Email: joe@neetsracing.com
    Webmaster_____________Cell#: 267-767-4923
    Photographer ___________Nextel: 168*153450*1

32danfs

that is a real shame

i really think wall is an excellent venue for neets. the fans loved it as well as us racers!!. i'm currently building a 4 cyl. i was really looking forward to racing it at wall. i really hope that jim can come to his senses. he can be a little stubborn at times.

Quote Originally Posted by 32danfs View Post
    i really think wall is an excellent venue for neets. the fans loved it as well as us racers!!.
    It is a excellent venue for NEETS but the problem was, not enough "racers" loved it..... that's the BIG issue with Jim, he wants guaranteed car counts to run the enduro events. You've been to the NEETS events, the car counts on the 4 cylinders was horrible, how can you run a race with approx. 6 cars showing up?????

Even the 8 cylinder car counts weren't great. How many true enduro cars were in those fields??? Thank goodness that they let the Factory Stocks run with them or those counts would have been bad.

It doesn't make any sense, the dirt NEETS enduros at Grandview get at least 20 to 30 small cars and 30 to 40 big cars to their events. Wall was lucky to get 30 cars in total for both divisions. That's the problem...... Jim wants guarantee full fields to let the series race again at Wall. I can understand it from his side, he has a business to run and overhead that needs to be paid. I guess the front and back gates don't pay his bills with low car counts....

The only solution I see is that all drivers need to band together and support the NEETS series at Wall. We need some way to attract drivers from the other tracks (New Eqypt, Bridgeport, Sundance, Riverhead, ect) to these enduro events. I don't have a clue why the drivers in the 4 cylinder and factory stock divisions won't come over and run the enduro events at Wall. Maybe it's money, safety issues, schedules or all the above.

The enduro events seem to pay better than the regular Factory Stock races and you get a lot more laps and racing on the track for your entry fees. But, more drivers need to commit and race for NEETS to come back to Wall.

So, how can we get more small car and big car drivers to the enduro events at Wall??? Any ideas???? Anyone?????

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRoll View Post
    So, how can we get more small car and big car drivers to the enduro events at Wall??? Any ideas???? Anyone?????
    "Run what ya Brung" for all the Wall races.

Thread Information